cid:image001.jpg@01D3B15B.D6CEE560

IMPORTANT INFO

Report Cards will be available sometime on Thursday, June 1 in the parent portal

EDEP will Close at 4:00 pm TOMORROW!!!!

Ms. Jenny Blair – officially becomes KLES Principal for 2023-24 School Year

School Starts back on Thursday, August 10th for the 2023-24 School Year

Orientation will be on Tuesday, August 8th from 1:00-3:00 pm

(attached is a 2023-24 school calendar)

You will be able to find out your child’s teacher sometime during pre-planning.  Log onto your parent portal to access and check.  While there be sure and update while you are there.

Be safe, use sunscreen and remember READ-READ- READ ! ! ! ! ! !

632C88B

We still have a few yearbooks that are available for purchase in the office on a first come, first serve basis.   $35 each (check made out to KLES PTO or Exact Cash)

A186B18

5th Grade Shamrock Stroll

Tomorrow, May 24th

5th Grade Parents will be allowed on campus

at approximately 12:10 pm – once all the grade levels are in place we will open the gate

(line up at office gate – you will NOT have to sign in – we will open the gate for you to enter)

cid:image004.jpg@01D3B15C.444A6470

To our Baby Bucks!!!!!!!

And to those moving on elsewhere  J

We will miss you!

office-clipart-office-hour-7

KLES Summer Office Hours begin on Monday, June 5th

Monday – Thursday ---- 7:30 am to 4:00 pm --------Closed on Fridays (thru July 28th)

(Leon County Schools goes to a 4 day work week)

The Office will be closed the week of July 3-7

Remember, if you have any medications left in the clinic, please stop by the office and pick them up.  According to LCS policy it will be disposed of after one week from the last day of school.  Nothing is carried over.  New forms must be filled out each year.

Image result for listserv clip art

If your child is moving on from KLES or you will be leaving our school, be sure and unsubscribe from our listserv.  Go to the KLES website, click on the listserv icon in the top right hand corner and follow the instructions to unsubscribe.  If you child is heading to  Deerlake Middle School, be sure and go to their website and subscribe to their listserv   https://www.leonschools.net/deerlake   so you can stay up to date with what’s happening there.

BE33BE61

Mrs. Caines

New Assistant Principal

At Hawks Rise Elementary School

We are so proud of you-  but will miss you!

(she interned here in 1997 and was hired the next year)

VERY IMPORTANT – MOVING?????

If you are moving within our zone, remember you must provide LCS with two proofs of residency – contact:  https://www.leonschools.net/enrollment

If you are withdrawing your student from Leon County Schools – you need to contact our registrar, Mrs. Payne at 850-921-1265 or [log in to unmask]

Also, if you change any phone numbers (home, cell or work) please go into the parent portal and update the information.  Correct phone numbers are very important in case of emergencies.

Don’t forget to also check your emergency contacts’ information and clinic card for health changes.

IMPORTANT – next school year anyone that you want to be able to pick up your child has to be in FOCUS.  There will be NO more pink sheets like we have had in the past.  So please go in and add them to your parent portal and you will be ready for next school year.

cid:image012.jpg@01D98A27.DE6A34008

8BF92E9F

KLES EDEP (before & after school) Program Fall Registration Information

Fall EDEP Registration for incoming kindergartners and those new to the EDEP program will be held at Orientation, August 8.  (They will have a table set up in the cafeteria).    If you register and pay fees at that time you will be guaranteed a spot in the program.  If you do not register at Orientation, you most likely will be put on a waiting list.

Attached are the Sunshine State Young Reader Lists for summer reading

Pre-order your school supplies for next school year  - they will be mailed directly to your house – FREE

Must order by July 1st

cid:1874d9a1a31e4e019f71

Direct link to our school lists:

http://click.email.1stdayschoolsupplies.com/?qs=4bc9ddfc45cc0b33f4ee4182b1f7e7f540bea17bc25ff4087c70b09e2b7248f3a4b9457cc01088d684a684d9a4979f75dce5c43a25d9a6c3

622381712023-24 School year - Go to the Leon County Schools office of admissions to register (it is NOT done at the school).      https://www.leonschools.net/officeofadmissions

cid:image021.jpg@01D98A27.DE6A3400

2023-24 School Theme

cid:bf172ee7-5a70-49f0-8d59-6c72d7e34f25

Signing off.......

I have been sending these listserv messages since 2003 – twenty years  - I am now passing this off to Mrs. Woodward.  I’ve gotten to know many of you through email over the many years……

Mrs. Peacock  😊

Image result for have a great summer clipart

School starts back on August 10th !

Lisa Peacock

Killearn Lakes Elementary School

Tallahassee, FL  32312