Chaires Family

If you are not aware, we are in open season for School Choice.  One important note:  "You must apply for school choice if you are trying to register a new student even if you have a student already at that school."  Sibling support is not automatically granted unless you submit a school choice application!  For example, you must submit the school choice for all Kindergarteners.  School choice applications are located in your focus parent portal.  If you have any questions about school choice, please call our front office at 850-488-5977 and speak with Ms. Burton.

Listed below are some dates of upcoming activities:

January 23-27 is Literacy Week (Guest readers for the students)
January 30-February 3 is Book Fair (Hours are from 8-8:30am-2:50-4pm) (January 31st is family night, open to 7pm)
February 3 is Princess Ball (6:30 to 8:00pm) Ticket information will be going home soon.

We will be sending home new car tags for the remainder of the year.  We have provided two per family.  Below is the car tag procedure and will have additional tags for $5.

[cid:68e98db0-9b7f-4771-b449-ef14b23ca9ff]

Final note, we have a plethora of hoodies, coats and light jackets in our lost and found pile.  Please have your student go through the clothing and claim what is theirs.  You may stop by and go through the clothing yourself, just check in the front office.  It will be donated to a local shelter at the end of February.

Thanks

Mike Holmes

Principal

Chaires Elementary

“Where our Community Begins”

4774 Chaires Cross Rd

Tallahassee, FL  32317

(850) 488-5977

      [cid:064e3446-9cfc-463f-a5e0-864ca1ae95a0]