Dear Hawks Rise families,

It is with sadness that I write you this letter informing you of my stepping down from my role as principal. It has been such an honor to serve you as the school principal.  I have loved working with your students.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to watch them develop as young people and as readers over the last several years.

Unfortunately, though, I must step down from this role.  Many of you are aware that my personal life was unexpectedly and dramatically altered at the end of May.  Over the last five months, I have tried to balance managing this wonderful school while simultaneously working through the changes in my personal life.  It has been very difficult and I have decided to step down.

I'm so thankful for the opportunity I have had to work at Hawks Rise Elementary and become a part of the community here. Working with your children has been so rewarding to me.  The teachers, parents, and staff here work hard to love and support students. I'll always remember my students and staff fondly.  Thank you for many wonderful years here.

Terri Martin will be appointed as the new principal tonight at the school board meeting.  She comes to us most recently from Oakridge Elementary. She has previously served at Sealey Elementary and Roberts Elementary.  Please welcome her with open arms.

I appreciate each of you and your understanding. I will miss the whole Hawks Rise community and I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Thank you.  Really thank you.

Beth Jackson