Parents and Guardians,

THANK YOU for another great week.  It is beautiful weather today – I hope you are enjoying it.  I apologize that you are receiving this so late.

[From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler    -     By: E.L. Konigsburg]We work hard to keep all students safe.  Please help us by ensuring the morning drop off and afternoon pick up remain safe.  Please do not drop off students in the parking lot.  You may park and walk them across at the cross walk, or drop them off in the car drop off lane.  Please also use the crosswalk to cross the car pick up line in the afternoons.

The Principal’s Book Chat this month is focused on From the Mixed-Up Files of Basil E. Frankweiler  by E.L. Konigsburg .  This book chat is eligible for second to fifth grade students.  The October chat will be available to our primary students.   We will meet to discuss the book and have a fun activity and themed snack on Wednesday, September 28.  The AR test must be completed by 9 am on Tuesday, September 27th in order to ensure enough materials are prepared.
THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT OF THE  Be Bold. Go Gold penny war!!!  We raised A LOT of pocket change.  Remembering that in our penny wars guidelines, pennies are positive points and silver change is negative, the results are below.  I was blown away by this collection.  I did not anticipate such a huge turn out of pocket change.  Our total money raised was $1712.17!!!  $567.71 of that total was from pennies alone!  I promised to match the penny contribution and as a result we will be donating $2,279.88 to the Be Bold. Go Gold foundation!!!

Total points:
Total contribution:
preK
-2545
$57.88
Kindergarten
-24341
$351.45
1st
-12605
$208.74
2nd
-10870
$185.23
3rd
-10328
$168.47
4th
-12582
$182.61
5th
-38160
$557.79
You are encouraged to wear Gold to celebrate our efforts on September 30.

[cid:image006.png@01D8D008.11F6EAA0]Please label your child’s water bottle, backpack, jacket, and lunchbox.
​
Upcoming dates
09/26/2022                 No School
09/28/2022                 Principal’s Book Chat
09/30/2022                 Be Bold! Wear Gold! In recognition for Pediatric Cancer
10/06/2022                 Spirit Sprint Pep Rally
10/07/2022                  First Friday Treats
10/14/2022                  Spirit Sprint Run
10/14/2022                               End of 1st Nine Weeks
10/17/2022                                No School
10/20/2022                                PTO Meeting
10/24/2022-10/28/2022         Red Ribbon Week
10/24/2022                             Sweet Frog Share Day

Beth Jackson