Good afternoon, Wolves!

It was a great week at the Creek!  Our teachers and staff were excited to welcome almost 800 students to school on Wednesday.  Everyone did an outstanding job on these first three days of school and I know this will carry us into a successful school year.  During the week, all students reviewed our school handbook, learned more about their courses and classmates, and participated in districtwide social/ emotional learning lessons.

Next week starts our first full week of school.  In addition to forming routines and schedules, students will also meet with our administrative team to learn more about the school, expectations, and plans for the year.

Students will receive their Chromebooks on Monday, during their Math class.  Students are responsible for bringing their Chromebooks home, and to school, daily.  Students and parents are responsible for the content viewed on the Chromebook as well as any damage that might occur.  If you have any questions, please contact the school.

We will have our Fall Cheerleading tryouts on Monday, 8/15.  See the attached flyer for more information.  In order to participate, students must have an up-to-date physical and a completed activity participation form, both can be found here https://www.leonschools.net/Page/53561

On Friday, our 6th grade students will participate in an anti-bullying workshop organized by the FAMU College of Education.  FAMU has organized an event with USA Starz Streetball, who will also host an event on campus on Saturday, August 20th.  See the attached flyer for more information.

There is always something exciting happening at the Creek!  Make sure to visit our school website calendar for information on upcoming academic, athletic, and fine art events.

Every year we are looking for mentors and volunteers to work with our students.  If interested, please see the attached flyers.

This year, all students will be participating in new statewide assessments and progress monitoring in Math and English/ Language Arts, called the Florida Assessment of  Student Thinking (FAST).   Please see the attached letter regarding the FAST and our first progress monitoring assessment.

The City of Tallahassee Fall Sports Registration ends Wednesday, August 17 at 11:59pm for the City of Tallahassee Parks, Recreation & Neighborhood Affairs fall sports programs.  Youth sports include Tackle Football, Flag Football, Volleyball and Cheerleading. Additionally Baseball and Softball Leagues are holding registrations with a deadline date of Friday, August 12  For details on ages, locations and fees, please visit our website at TALGOV.COM/PARKS or call 850-891-3866.