Good afternoon, Wolves!

We had a great first full week at Swift Creek.  Students have settled into their schedules and developed routines.  I am proud of all of our students, faculty, and staff for such a  smooth start to this school year.  We ended the week with an anti-bullying presentation for our 6th grade students sponsored by FAMU's College of Education.  We appreciate their support and partnership in helping students understand the impact of bullying.  They are continuing their workshop on Saturday, August 20th.  Please see the attached flyer.

As we conclude our 8th day of school, we ask that any additional schedule change requests focus on specific curricular concerns.  We want students to have the opportunity to develop relationships with their teachers and focus on academic success in that course for the remainder of the school year.  Thank you for your help, and patience, as we attempted to meet as many requests as possible at the start of the school year.

All students will be participating in the first statewide progress monitoring window for Math and Science.  Please reference our previous update for details.  We ask that you encourage students to eat a good breakfast, arrive to school on time, and try their best during these progress monitoring assessments on Tuesday and Thursday.

Our athletic schedule begins this weekend and into next week with our Fall sports season.  As a reminder, Leon County Schools is working with GoFan as their official digital ticket provider for middle school's football games. All other activities and events outside of football will still accept cash payment.  Please visit our school website calendar for specific events and come out to support your Wolves!

The 8th Grade Washington DC trip is currently full and not accepting additional students.  Please see the attachment for more information.

Leon County teachers have partnered with EF tours for international field trips.  Please see the attached flyer for more information.

Have a great weekend!