Mr. Douglas Cook

Principal

Good Evening Students, Parents and Community Members,

We are very excited about the upcoming school year and looking forward to welcoming new and returning students to our campus tomorrow morning!  Please be sure to build in extra time tomorrow morning as well as the remainder of the week for before and after school traffic.  Traffic will be congested for the first few days.   In preparation for tomorrow, please see below for a few last-minute updates.  Again, we can’t wait to see you and start a fantastic school year!  Go Raiders!

First Day of School

We are so happy so many students joined us for Orientation and hopefully know their way around! We are prepared for students who do not know their way, but have no fear! We have our security team members and staff located throughout campus ready to help your students find their way.  It would be helpful if your student knows their 1st period teacher’s location. Your student schedule is available for view in Parent and student FOCUS.  Please encourage your student to view their schedule, to get familiar with their 1st period teacher and location.  Additionally, attached is our school map.  Paper copies of schedules and maps will be provided during 1st period tomorrow.  We will have an extended 1st period to allow time for the distribution of schedules, maps and to share other important information with students.

School Safety

The safety of our students is and will always be our number one priority.  Anyone entering campus during school hours will need to enter through the front gate.  ALL visitors must sign in at the main office.

Before School

Supervision begins at 7:00 a.m.  Parents, we encourage you to drop your student off during school hours only to ensure the safety of your student.  Students should be dropped off at parent pick up at the back of the school near the athletic fields.

Lunch

Rickards is a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) school, all students are served breakfast and lunch at no charge.  A grab-and-go breakfast is available at parent pick up and breakfast is served daily, in the cafeteria near the bus ramp.  Lunch is from 11:15 a.m.-11:55 a.m.  For safety reasons, parents may not bring lunch to students.  We will continue to take precautions during post Pandemic.  If students will not partake in the provided lunch, a lunch should be brought from home.

Afternoon Buses

Please review your student’s bus route number with them, not the bus number, the route number.  If you drop your student off in the morning and plan on having them ride the bus home, having your student know their route number will help ensure smooth dismissal procedures. The bus routes are here.

Cell Phones

Cell phones are not to be seen or used in the classroom unless specific instructions have been given by the teacher.  To maximize instructional time, please encourage your student to keep their phone put away during the school day.

Chromebooks for all Students:  We are happy to continue Superintendent Hanna's One to One device initiative. We will begin distributing Chromebooks to students during the week of August 15, the first full week of school.   Students will be able to access ClassLink, Canvas and other instructional resources as their teachers provides assignments.   Students will sign and acknowledge both the Chromebook agreement and LCS Code of Conduct through Focus.  Students should arrive at school each morning with their Chromebook and charger.  Their Chromebook should be fully charged prior to arriving on campus.

Schedule Changes

Are you requesting a schedule change? The window for all schedule change requests is scheduled for Friday, August 12th through Friday, August 19th.  Forms are available in the front office before and after school and during lunch.  All request forms must be completed and turned in on Friday, August 12th at the front office.  Guidance Counselors will call students by appointment to review their schedule change request.  Upon approval, schedule changes will be honored.

Rickards SAC

If you are interested in becoming a member of SAC, please email our SAC chairperson, Ms. Johnitta Wells at [log in to unmask].    Our first meeting for the 2022-2023 Tuesday, August 30th in the Media Center at 6 p.m.