Dear Parents and Guardians,

Welcome to the 2022-23 school year at Conley Elementary! We are excited to begin school tomorrow and I wanted to review a few changes for transportation options for this school year. We take the safety of our students very seriously and the changes made have been done so to keep everyone safe while under our supervision. Beginning tomorrow, all students who walk home from school must have a Conley Walker Verification form on file with the school office. Students living outside of the immediate area will not be allowed to walk down the road to be picked up by a parent outside of the parent pickup loop. Parents will also not be able to park in the surrounding neighborhood and walk up to the school to pick up their child. All students leaving by car must be picked up in the car pickup line from a vehicle. I do understand that waiting in the car line can be an inconvenience, but it is a necessary step to insure that all of our students are receiving proper supervision until they are transferred into your care. To avoid a long wait you may consider arriving to the line at 3:00 once the line is already moving. If you would prefer to have your child ride the bus, please reach out to the school office or the transportation office for assistance with locating bus routes. I have attached a copy of the walker verification form to this email for students who live in the immediate area.

Our district is also continuing with the safety procedures in place from the last few years regarding visitors on campus. During supervision hours, no visitors will be allowed on campus unless they have gone through the proper check in procedures in the front office. Each day, including the first day of school, our staff and approved safety patrol members will be on hand to escort all students safety from your vehicle or their bus directly to their classroom. To ensure the security of our campus for all students, parents will not be allowed to walk their children to class.

Listed below you will find the transportation options for Conley Elementary.

Before School:

·         Buses – Students may ride a bus to school from their residence. Representatives from transportation will be at school during orientation. Routes can also be found at https://www.leonschools.net/Transportation

·         Car Rider – Students arriving to school by car may only be dropped off after 7:45am.  Students arriving by car must be dropped off in the car loop which starts just to the east of Four Oaks Blvd, behind the cafeteria. Due to safety concerns, students may not be dropped off in the Southwood neighborhood to then walk to school.

·         EDEP – If your child needs to arrive at school prior to 7:45am they can enroll in our EDEP before school program. More information can be found under the Parents > EDEP Information Link on our school webpage.

·         Walking – Students who walk to school must walk from their residence in the neighborhood and cannot be dropped off on the curb on Orange Avenue or in the Southwood neighborhood. Students may not arrive until supervision begins at 7:45am.

After School:

·         Buses – Students may ride a bus from school to their residence. Representatives from transportation will be at school during orientation. Routes and information can also be found at LCS Transportation Webpage.

·         Car Rider – Students who leave school by car must be picked up in the car loop which begins just to the east of Four Oaks Blvd, behind the cafeteria by 3:15pm. Due to safety concerns, students will not be allowed to walk to Orange Avenue or the Southwood neighborhood to wait for a car to pick them up. Parents must drive through the car loop and may not park and walk up to the car pickup line.

·         Van Rider – Students may be picked up by an approved outside private afterschool program.

·         EDEP – The Conley Extended Day Education Program runs from school dismissal until 6:00pm daily. More information can be found under the Parents > EDEP Information Link on our school webpage or by emailing [log in to unmask]

·         Walkers – Students may walk home after school with parent permission to a residence within reasonable walking distance(less than two miles). Due to safety concerns, students will not be allowed to walk into the Southwood neighborhood to wait for a ride home. Parents who choose this option must complete the Walker Verification Form prior to allowing their child to walk home from school.

Sincerely,

Conley Signature