Chaires Family

What a great week at Chaires!  It is nice to have the students back on campus and learning.  We are excited to improve upon the incredible growth from last year.  If you are interested in volunteering at our school, please ensure you complete a volunteer application.  We are having our first PTO meeting of the year on August 23rd at 6:30pm, please come out and see how you can help.  We are in the process of finishing our School Improvement Plan and will be presenting this at the School Advisory Committee meeting (SAC) on September 1st at 4:30pm for approval.  In addition to our SAC meeting, we will be conducting our Open House at 6:00 to 7:00pm on September 1st.  Just a couple of quick points:

Reading what you love!

We have some VERY exciting Reading news at Chaires! This year, we are celebrating the LOVE of reading and reading for pleasure.  This means that we will not be taking AR tests for each book read but will instead reflect on the reading experience and sharpen our skills by completing a book review form.  Students are creating To Be Read (TBR) lists of books they want to read and keeping track of the books they finish.  For every 10 books read and reflected upon, students will be celebrated and receive a brag patch. We look forward to hundreds of books being read, growing the love for reading, and helping students choose reading as a lifelong hobby!

Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Mike Holmes

Principal

Chaires Elementary