Good morning, Swift Creek!

I am excited to be joining the Swift Creek family as your new principal!  Swift Creek is my community school.  I know firsthand the rich tradition of excellence that exists at The Creek and feel extremely blessed to be joining your family.  Swift Creek has a strong partnership between its students, parents, teachers, staff, and community members.  I look forward to meeting all of you and continuing this partnership and tradition.

Although I have not worked directly with Swift Creek, I have worked with many of the teachers, staff, and parents in the Swift Creek community during my time with Leon County Schools.   Over the past nineteen years, I spent sixteen years as a teacher and assistant principal at Lincoln High School and I was the principal at Conley Elementary School in Southwood for the last three years.  I graduated from the University of Central Florida with a degree in Social Science Education and received my Master's Degree from the University of West Florida in Educational Leadership.  My wife of eighteen years is a kindergarten teacher at Buck Lake Elementary school and I have two daughters who currently attend Lincoln and Buck Lake.

Ms. Rishell and her team have created a culture of excellence at Swift Creek and I recognize her retirement leaves huge shoes to fill.  I will be working with Ms. Rishell over the next several weeks to prepare for next school year and make sure Swift Creek's tradition of excellence continues.  Our students will continue to be leaders in our classrooms, on our campus, and in our community.  I look forward to meeting all of you and working with you this year to maintain Swift Creek's reputation as one of the top schools in Leon County.

Go Wolves!

Jason Koerner