JAMES S. RICKARDS HIGH SCHOOL LISTSERV

Week of 5/30/2022 posted 5/27/2022

[cid:image003.jpg@01CE99D2.F0E674E0]

Mr. Douglas Cook

Principal
Dear Parents/Guardians and Students:

          Class of 2022
This has been a tough year re-adjusting to the new traditional school as we know it. Although there were many challenges, our students, teachers, and staff strive their way through another successful year.

On behalf of the faculty and staff, thank you parents/guardians for being such positive role models by your willingness to maintain a growth mindset in an era that has changed all of our lives forever.

Parents/Guardians, please reference this week's listserv messages regarding refunds, diplomas, and transcripts.  You'll find answers to your most frequently asked questions in those messages.

Congratulations to the Class of 2022; we will miss you and we wish you much success in all your future endeavors!

          Classes of 2021, 2022, and 2023
As for our returning students, the rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors, thank you for successfully completing the school year by quickly readapting to our traditional way of learning.  Parents/Guardians we appreciate your support; Instructional learning could not have happened as well as it did without your involvement in your child's education.

Students, Summer reading assignments are forthcoming; we will provide updates via listserv and on our school's website.

Guidance Counselors will be contacting students and parents/guardians next week regarding summer school.  Students who attend summer school will return to campus on May 31, 2022 through July 14, 2022, from 8-1 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Our Summer School Programs and offices will be closed July 4th through July 8th. Transportation for our Summer School Programs will begin June 6, 2022. The Counselors will provide more information regarding the dates and how the summer school program will work.

Please return all books, computers and other school property.  If you have something that was left in a PE locker, please set an appointment with Mr. Cowart ([log in to unmask]) to visit and collect your belongings.

Lastly, beginning May 31st, James S. Rickards High School will use summer operating hours from 8am to 4:30pm Monday through Thursday.  The school will be closed on Fridays.

Have a safe and relaxing Summer!

Dr. Deborah Barnes

Assistant Principal for Curriculum and Attendance

Teachers, students, parents, and guardians,

I would like to extend my thanks to each one of you for another productive school year.  I can't thank everyone enough for your endless hours of planning, meeting, volunteering, organizing, donating and doing whatever was necessary to support students. Making the transition back to the traditional learning, due to COVID-19,  would not have been possible without your efforts.  Special thanks to our teachers who, as usual, went above and beyond the call of duty to provide whatever was necessary to add to our students' already rich school experience as they adapted to returning back to the classroom. That transition could not occur without the endless energy, skills and devotion of the James S. Rickards High School Administrators, Faculty and Staff.

I want to thank our parents, guardians, volunteers, and mentors, for all your hard work, time, participation, and support you have given throughout the school year.  I am so honored to be your Assistant Principal of Curriculum.  You make me proud to be a Rickards Raiders. You keep me laughing and young at heart.  I am so very grateful for your joy, astute insights and amazing talents.

Finally, I would like to extend best wishes to our graduating class 2022. You are an incredible group of young adults. Although post COVID-19 may have dampened memorable moments, you the Class of 2022, did not allow any obstacles to damper your spirit to succeed. You did it! I will miss you greatly-please come back and visit.

Everyone have a safe and happy Summer break.

Until next school year, here's wishing you love, laughter, and learning.

All the best.

CRITICAL MESSAGE TO SENIORS: Seniors who have not turned in your Chrome Book, Charger, or have outstanding fees/balances, your diploma and final transcript will be held until you have met the above obligations. Please take immediate action to avoid any delays in receiving your diploma and final transcript when they become available for pickup during the summer break.

2021-2022 ACT/SAT Waivers

Juniors and Seniors should see their guidance counselor to obtain ACT and/or SAT fee waivers.  IB students should see Mr. Varn in the IB office to obtain ACT and/or SAT fee waivers

SAT and ACT Test Dates for 2021-2022

     2021-22 SAT Test Dates & Registration Deadlines                  2021-22 ACT Test Dates & Registration Deadlines

Test Date

Registration Deadline

June 4, 2022

May 5, 2022

Test Date

Registration Deadline

June 11, 2022

May 6, 2022

July 6, 2022

June 17, 2022

Dr. A. McNeil

21st Century Site Coordinator

21st Century/Title 1 Summer Program

(see attached)

Open to ALL Rising 9th - 12th Grade Students (must attend Rickards during 22-23 school year)

Monday - Thursday 8AM - 1PM

May 31, 2022 - July 14, 2022

Transportation will begin on June 6, 2022

JOIN US!!

Our program will offer the following:

> Credit Recovery

> Tutoring

> Academic (Secondary and Post-secondary) counseling

> Academic Enrichment/Activities

> ACT/SAT Practice Sessions

> Field Trips

> and more.

Feel free to contact Mr. Sea ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or Dr. McNeil ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) for more information.

RHS News

Class of 2023 Scholars and Parents

Please join the RHS Class of 2023 Remind to receive important Senior information and updates.

Link: https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.remind.com%2fjoin%2frhsgrad23&c=E,1,z14-_nd7fpBfSKB0NDXZe6tjsWaE0dtjwgoslF3pWNG-E8292tjawno1Xnr-kVRWhabDA287ma9WG7_-kxL_wADZh7aqSem2Baf8ga0tr1oOPHTdNUIe550kwbh--A,,&typo=1

Or text

[cid:image003.png@01D871DD.E99FBA60]

Thank you,

Senior Sponsors