Parents/Guardians of SCMS 8th grade students,  Last Thursday the 9th grade Lincoln High School Counselor, Danielle Jones, came and met with our 8th grade students regarding course selection for 9th grade courses at Lincoln.

SCMS core 8th grade teachers (ELA, Math, Science and Social Studies) were given the course selection forms, where they have noted their course LEVEL recommendation for each core course.  Please note this is a recommendation based on their daily interaction with their students.  Ultimate level placement in core courses will be determined by Lincoln High School.  If you have questions/concerns regarding recommended level of core courses for your student, please reach out to Danielle Jones at [log in to unmask]  These course selection forms are being handed to all 8th grade students today, Wednesday, April 6th, in the ELA class.

Students are to take the forms home tonight, speak to their parents/guardians about the core information provided by their teachers AND choose their elective priorities for 9th grade at Lincoln.

Lincoln course selection forms are to be returned to the student’s ELA teacher this Friday, April 8th.  We will then given the forms to Lincoln.

I apologize that this information was not sent out to you sooner to you!

Regards,

Sue Rishell

Principal

Swift Creek Middle School

2100 Pedrick Road

Tallahassee, FL  32317

Phone: 850-414-2670

Fax: 850=414-2650

“Every time I am asked what is the most important job in the world, I always answer teacher!  Teachers are the people who hand out life chances for everyone… Our society needs to value the fact that quality teachers inform and shape quality students who in the future become quality community members.  This is what education is all about.”

Patrick Schwartz From Disability to Possiblity: The Power of Inclusive Classrooms