Parents and Guardians  –

Happy Friday!  Today was a blast with some of our first graders enjoying a field trip and many of our student participating in extra Obstacle course fun for meeting the AR challenge goal.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend and thanks in advance for reading the updates below.

Every single day I am thankful for our AMAZING teachers and staff.  We have a wonderful school community.  Next week, we are celebrating our fabulous teachers and staff.  Please see the attached flyer for some Teacher Appreciation ideas for how you can celebrate the HRES crew.

Yearbooks are on sale through online order from now until April 15.  There is a flyer attached.

The Peanut Butter and Jelly Drive Starts April 2.  Please send in plastic jars of Peanut butter and/or Jelly from April 2 until April 22.

TheWhippingBoy cover.gifThe Principal’s Book Chat this month is focused on The Whipping Boy by Sid Fleischman.  Due to the reschedule of field days and the upcoming testing, we will meet to discuss the book and have a fun activity and themed snack on Monday, April 11.  This is a date change.

Movie Night is next Friday, April 1.  It is always a fun event to watch a great film and meet up with friends.  Please plan on joining us to view some Encanto songs with the 1st and 2nd grade students at 7:30 pm before the movie begins at 8 pm.

Kindergarten Orientation is next Thursday, March 31 at 9 am.  If you have a student who will be joining us for kindergarten during the 2022-2023 school year, please join us.  If you know someone who has a student who will be joining us for kindergarten during the 2022-2023 school year, please encourage them to join us.  It is a great opportunity to see the campus and meet new friends.

Naylor, Anna / Kids Heart ChallengeJump Rope for Heart is a wonderful program that raises money for the American Heart Association (AHA) and encourages students to be active while learning about heart health.  All students participate in the event. They do not need to donate to the AHA to be able to participate. The event will be held the week of April 11th -- April 14th. The event will occur during their regular PE time. Students can register online and take the challenge to Be Active and Be Kind. We want 100% of our students and their families to participate. Register here: heart.org/KHC

Dates to Remember

March 30 – Report Cards published

March 31 – Kindergarten Orientation 9 am***this is a date change

April 1 – 2nd grade field trip to Mission San Luis

April 1 - Movie Night Performance for 1st and 2nd Graders – 7:30 pm

April 1 – PTO Movie Night 8 pm

April 5-6 – Grade 3 FSA ELA Reading

April 7 – Grades 4-5 FSA ELA Writing

April 11 – Principal’s Book Chat – The Whipping Boy***this is a date change

April 13 – 4th grade field trip to St. Augustine

April 21 and 22 – Field Days ***this is a date change

 Standardized Testing Dates.  This year’s FSA testing is on LCS determined dates.

Grade 3 ELA Reading                      April 5-6

Grades 4-5 ELA Writing                  April 7

Grades 4-5 ELA Reading                 May 3-4

Grades 3-5 Math                             May 10-11

Grade 5 Science                              May 17-18

Thank you for sharing your student with us.  We are so grateful for each of them.

Beth