Parents, Guardians, Teachers, and Staff  –

Our Greek Mythology Festival was so fun for our 4th grade students. Thanks to all who helped with it.

image004.jpg@01D82FB2It is that time again – Field Day time!  We are excited for some friendly and fun competition.  The schedule is below.  Additionally, there are some reminders.

Field Days Schedules:

Thursday, March 10th (Primary Grades)

Kindergarten: 8:30am -- 10:00am

2nd Grade: 10:15am -- 11:45am

1st Grade: 12:45pm -- 2:15pm

Friday, March 11th (Intermediate Grades)

5th Grade: 8:30am -- 10:15am

3rd Grade: 10:30am -- 12:15pm

4th Grade: 12:35pm -- 2:20pm

Field Day Reminders:

·       Put sunblock on your child the morning of field day.  You are also welcome to send a bottle of spray sunblock in for reapplication (please label your child’s sunblock bottle).

·       Please encourage students to bring their own water bottle to the run (please label your child’s water bottle).

·       Please send your student with a towel.  Classes will have assigned areas.  A towel makes it more comfortable for students to wait for the next event.

·       We are anticipating a crowd but still need to scan parent IDs. Feel free to stop by the office today or early next week to have your driver’s license scanned.  If you are unable to make it before and plan on attending your child’s run, please be ready to wait in the office to have your ID scanned.

Lost and Found items will be placed on tables outside the cafeteria for parents to go through during the Field Days (3/10 and 11). After March 11, all items will be donated.

TheWhippingBoy cover.gifThe Principal’s Book Chat this month is focused on The Whipping Boy by Sid Fleischman.  I hope you enjoy this book as a family read aloud and I promise it is less sad than February’s book.  The last day to take the AR test on the book (or for kindergarten students to submit a picture) is Monday, March 28.  We will meet to discuss the book and have a fun activity and themed snack on Wednesday, March 30.

Dates to Remember

March 1, 4, or 10 – 3rd grade field trip to Joe Budd

March 9 – Sea World Trip – 5th grade

March 10 – 4th grade ICT test ***this is a date change

March 10 and 11 – Field Days

March 10 – PTO meeting 7 pm in the media center – no SAC this month

March 14 – 18 – Spring Break – ENJOY YOUR BREAK!!!

March 21 – Teacher Planning Day

March 23 or 25 – 1st grade field trip to Redemptive Love Farm

March 24 – Kindergarten Orientation – more details coming later

March 30 – Principal’s Book Chat – The Whipping Boy

March 30 – Report Cards published

April 1 – 2nd grade field trip to Mission San Luis

April 1 – PTO Movie Night ***see attached flyer

Standardized Testing Dates.  This year’s FSA testing is on LCS determined dates.

Grade 3 ELA Reading                      April 5-6

Grades 4-5 ELA Writing                  April 7

Grades 4-5 ELA Reading                 May 3-4

Grades 3-5 Math                             May 10-11

Grade 5 Science                              May 17-18

Thank you for sharing your student with us!

Beth