Parents and Guardians -

Wednesday, March 30th the nonprofit Who We Play For (WWPF) will bring electrocardiogram (ECG) heart screenings to GMS as part of the 6th Grade Health Assessment.  This is scheduled during the hours of 9:30 – Noon.  WWPF will bring a team of volunteers and ECG machines to run our event.

If possible, WWPF would like the parents of 6th graders to fill out their online sign-up as it includes questions about family history that students may not be able to answer, and it will quicken the screening process by having all questions answered before students show up for their appointment.  The link can be accessed through the WWPF website at https://www.whoweplayfor.org/heart-screening-registration-leon.

Leon County Schools is the first in the country to include ECGs as part of the middle school wellness check, and Who We Play For is excited to be working alongside GMS to deliver simple, non-invasive, and life-saving ECGs for your students at no cost thanks to our donor, Simply Healthcare Plans.

Attached you will find more information about Who We Play For and the importance of preventative ECG screenings. Thank you!

https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2flh6.googleusercontent.com%2fM1Frd6rbZ78opolCAqmhS8O0dBtHvSyDX2IMpX-4mAJ4efBo7YGZSd3o0-9Cj4_1DuG1BSrWyQz3w2_gUCvbIfd-JjFuWYIt9L3ejuzMohuNIT47ush8TsCnB3Q34UmPj3zroTBG&c=E,1,x-Gqv6Y4hrCIcsR85AnF3SfwjXx3QFsPfA5puF_0B6GqasQk7ivpSqvrziFFXsjnnQ5zUmwmbY5WYozVaRQH80JFbEMQGLb7UaWctsAx2C8,&typo=1

cid:image001.png@01D64DF4.5BCE8B30