Hello Conley Parents!

After Spring Break, all students in 3rd-5th grade will be starting our Bike Safety unit in PE.  In order to be able to ride a bike at school, all students MUST wear a helmet.  The Pilot Club of Tallahassee has been donating helmets to our program for many years and visited Conley today to fit every student that does not already have their own helmet that fits correctly.  We also received some additional free helmets from another program called Florida PedBike to fill in any blanks in case the Pilot Club ran out of certain sizes.  These helmets are completely free!  All your student had to do was write their name on a list so that they know that helmets were actually given to someone in order for them to be able to continue donating in the future.  It is just an acknowledgement sheet and will not be used for anything other than their documentation that the helmets were put into someone's hands.

Students are more than welcome to bring these helmets home but we will need for them to be brought back in after Spring Break so that we can get going on our unit.  After we complete the unit in April, students may bring the helmet home to keep!

Classroom teachers will be sending a similar message through their weekly communications soon.  If you have any questions about the helmets or the Bike Safety unit, feel free to email Coach Vance at [log in to unmask].  We hope you have an amazing Spring Break and are looking forward to riding with your students very soon!