Parents, Guardians, Teachers, and Staff  –

Happy Friday.

Picture of Stone FoxThe Principal’s Book Chat this month is focused on Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner.  We will meet to discuss the book and have a fun activity on February 28.  Please note this different date.  This is not the last Wednesday.

The FIRST annual Hawks Rise Spirit Sprint is launching February 18.  Get ready for fun fundraising culminating with a run and all the excitement on February 25.  More information is attached.

We are collecting many left behind water bottles and jackets. Please take the time to label your child’s items with their first and last name.  We will return items to your child’s teacher if they are labeled with your child’s name.

Our EDEP after school program has opened up an additional kindergarten class to allow more kindergarten students to enroll.  If you are interested in enrolling a new student into the after school program, please email Cate Marron at [log in to unmask]

PTO never got the opportunity to present Mrs. Friend with a retirement gift.  They have scheduled her retirement presentation for February 16 at 3:30.  Please join us if want to come hug Mrs. Friend and celebrate her again.

We are always excited about this month’s First Friday treat.  Thank you to our First Friday sponsors: Andrea Fryk, Realtor, Brigit Smallridge of State Farm, Glasshouse Automotive Detailing Group, C & T Home Improvements, Susie Q's, and Ledbetter Landworks.

This week is Student Services Week.  School psychologists, social workers, counselors and nurses work extremely hard to support our students and staff.  While you may not be familiar with all of their names, they support students at Hawks Rise, and across Leon County schools, daily.  We appreciate all of their hard work!

Today is also crossing guard appreciation day.  We are so thankful for our crossing guard, and crossing guards across the district, for their continued support in keeping our students safe.  Here is the Governor’s Proclamation for Crossing Guard Appreciation Day and here is information on the Florida School Crossing Guard Training Program.  If you see a crossing guard this week, please thank them!

PTO News:

Movie Night is coming.  We're happy to report that the Disney movie Encanto received the overwhelming majority of votes by HRES students.

Dear Parents, the silent auction is right around the corner and the ticket links are live and the class competition has started. Help your child's class win a popcorn movie party,  receive a “disco swag bag” and morning news shout out when you purchase your tickets to the auction.  If you are unable to make it to auction but would like to participate, you can purchase a non-attendance ticket for $12.  Main Ticket Link for guests coming to the auction: https://hawksriseelementary.square.site/product/silent-auction-ticket/42?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=false   Disco Donation: https://hawksriseelementary.square.site/product/disco-donation-student-swag-bags-news-shout-out/43?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=fals

Dates to Remember

January 27 and 28 – Book Fair Preview days

January 27 – Wear ALL black

January 28 – Wear pajamas

January 28 – the 100th day of school

January 31 – Book Fair Opens

February 18 – Hawks Rise Silent Auction

February 18 – Hawks Rise Spirit Sprint Kickoff

February 25 – Hawks Rise Spirit Sprint

Standardized Testing Dates.  This year’s FSA testing is on LCS determined dates.

Grade 3 ELA Reading                      April 5-6

Grades 4-5 ELA Writing                  April 7

Grades 4-5 ELA Reading                 May 3-4

Grades 3-5 Math                             May 10-11

Grade 5 Science                              May 17-18

Thank you for sharing your student with us!

Beth