Hello!
For those of you with 8th graders, please don't forget about the application window for School Choice. If you are interested in applying to a particular school or program, you must do so by the end of the school day, March 1. The deadline is quickly approaching!
If your child has not yet shadowed at Rickards to check out their IB Program, they still have one more week to do so. Contact Mr. Varn or Dr. Williams, and they can give you that information. Your child just needs to bring me the shadowing confirmation handout (which I will happily print for them, as well), and I will sign off on shadowing. This is an excused absence, and it's a great way to find out about a phenomenal high school option. Rickards, just like Fairview, offers students transportation from anywhere in Leon County.
Still undecided about where your child is headed next year? Reach out to Dr. Williams and Mr. Varn!
If you have questions or need assistance with the school choice application on Focus, don't hesitate to ask for help.

And since we're here: It doesn't hurt to ask/remind you again, please help to get the word out about the IB Prep Program here at Fairview. We, too, have one more week of shadowing. Even if students are zoned for Fairview, they still need to apply to the IB Prep Program, if that is their plan for next year.

Thanks!

Lee Cameron
IB Prep Coordinator
Language Arts Department Chair