Good morning, Yellow Jackets!

We kicked off the 5th Principal’s AR Challenge last week.  I see more and more students participating in this program and receiving rewards.  Please continue to emphasize the importance of reading and try to set aside time to read at home.  We appreciate everyone’s effort!  Our Kindergarten classes finished their room transformations this week and our 4th grade classes participated Friday.  These transformations will continue with all grade levels throughout the month.   We also held our monthly safety drills last week, with the addition of a tornado drill.  I am always impressed with the focus and attention our students and staff present during these drills.

Thank you, again, for your participation in our Subway Cookie fundraiser, it was a huge success!  These fundraisers allow us to provide additional resources, rewards, and incentives for our students throughout the year and contribute greatly to the success of our school.

The State of Florida and Leon County Schools has approved our state testing calendar for this school year.  While we will send additional information as the dates approach, I wanted to provide the initial dates to allow families an opportunity to plan.  It is extremely important that students are present during their designated testing dates.  Make-up opportunities will be extremely limited this year due to the timeframe of testing.  These dates are posted on our school calendar and more specifics will be sent home after Spring Break.

-          3rd Grade FSA ELA- Reading Session 1; 4/5/2022

-          3rd Grade FSA ELA- Reading Session 2; 4/6/2022

-          4th and 5th Grade FSA ELA- Writing; 4/7/2022

-          4th and 5th Grade FSA ELA- Reading Session 1; 5/3/2022

-          4th and 5th Grade FSA ELA- Reading Session 2; 5/4/2022

-          4th and 5th Grade FSA Math Session 1; 5/10/2022

-          4th and 5th Grade FSA Math Session 2; 5/11/2022

-          3rd Grade FSA Math Session 1; 5/12/2022

-          3rd Grade FSA Math Session 2; 5/13/2022

-          5th Grade Science Session 1; 5/17/2022

-          5th Grade Science Session 2; 5/18/2022

Have a great week!