Parents, Guardians, Teachers, and Staff  –

Happy Wednesday.

Report cards have been published today.  Please go to the parent portal to view your student’s report card.

We are collecting many left behind water bottles and jackets. Please take the time to label your child’s items with their first and last name.  We will return items to your child’s teacher if they are labeled with your child’s name.

ACBA99EBThe swag store has items available for purchase!  See the attached flyer.  Orders can be placed online through January 26.  https://hawksriseelementary.square.site/

Principal’s book club.  For the month of January, we will be reading The Boxcar Children, book 1 by Gertrude Chandler Warner. If a student reads the book and earns an 80% or higher on the AR test, they will be invited to a book talk.  Our monthly book talks will take place on the last Wednesday of the month.

5th grade parents. Please review the attached boys scout flyer.  As you probably already know, Boy Scouts is no longer exclusive to just boys!

The LCS School Choice window for the 2022-2023 school year is open.  You can find out more information here: https://www.leonschools.net/Domain/6041

Staying healthy.  A student needs to be fever free for 48 hours before they can return to school.  The Health Department considers a fever 100.4.  This rule is in effect even if they have a fever over a weekend or holiday.

There will be a SAC and PTO meeting on January 20.  If you are interested in becoming an active member for the PTO, please email Nicole Trafton at [log in to unmask]

Covid.  As we continue to experience an increase in positive cases in Tallahassee, we ask that all families carefully monitor their student’s health.  If a student exhibits any of the symptoms below, please have them remain home until their symptoms improve.  Please have students remain home if they are waiting on a test result and notify the front office if a student tests positive.

Did you know that you can help support Hawks Rise Elementary PTO by becoming a "Family Sponsor"?  The generosity of our families, community and business partners allows the PTO to provide many wonderful benefits to HRES students. In recent years, items such as iPad carts, computers, smart boards, sound systems, playground equipment and improvements, classroom audio equipment, media center materials, a fitness track and the commemorative brick path have been procured for the benefit of each of our students. In addition, PTO funds proudly support many of our school’s educational and incentive programs including Accelerated Reader, Book Fair, the Family Movie Night, Spring Carnival and monthly Fun Fridays, as well as community projects like Helping Hands.  If you would like to make a donation please send a check to the school made payable to HRES PTO or can you can make a donation online at: https://hawksriseelementary.square.site/product/hawks-rise-family-sponsor/32?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=false&fbclid=IwAR2Sfne8czV70rYu8JPLguZKXoD9NHy-gU4ScZuiPzm-dV47Je0ts5WLYXk

               *Two Free 2021-2022 HRES Swag T-shirts

   *2021-2022 HRES Swag Surprise

   *Family Name Listed in HRES Yearbook as Family Sponsor

     *One Free 2021-2022 HRES Swag T-shirt

     *Family Name Listed in HRES Yearbook as Family Sponsor

     *Family Name Listed in HRES Yearbook as Family Sponsor

Dates to Remember

January 17 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday – no school

January 20 – District Shirt and Tie day

January 20 – SAC and PTO meetings

February 17 – Fun Run Kickoff

February 25 – Fun Run

Standardized Testing Dates.  This year’s FSA testing is on LCS determined dates.

Grade 3 ELA Reading                      April 5-6

Grades 4-5 ELA Writing                  April 7

Grades 4-5 ELA Reading                 May 3-4

Grades 3-5 Math                             May 10-11

Grade 5 Science                              May 17-18

Thank you for sharing your student with us!

Beth