Parents, Guardians, Teachers, and Staff  -

Happy Friday.  I know I sent most of our updates yesterday.  I have two more exciting announcements for upcoming events.  I appreciate you taking the time to read another email.

  1.  [https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fmcusercontent.com%2fd2b4929eb69b7ce1b2e0c32e5%2fimages%2f2f7d6cb8-6a9f-94f8-53f8-4f184f0d41d5.jpg&c=E,1,K-jVl1Vvvizw3kEBD_vLk4oviI3QrU6At5SHQoRQM6pWeBkDbd-HjeIu092a1L5y6LPwKQ9yD0ibFpyoTlBz6aLRmNpqFwrZpOw5IqDUNwS2w2AcNjz4mKxGVQ,,&typo=1] Next week is Florida's Celebrate Literacy Week.  Check out some reading resources here:  https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fmailchi.mp%2ffcrr%2fyh3qym5vt4-10137790%3fe%3d4a71f76b94&c=E,1,QOJiWS4g8g0sDx_QmRGdbLhmE_4qruU2-i0CwUMvIoxYpOpHmMxth1fbC2vBBiMfhWcVFr9Pwe5dahkh0cizXj1SYCb_jhBaj0MG5qHtqZW4WUixXwMiYZb7Yg,,&typo=1  This year's theme is LAUNCH INTO LITERACY.  We are celebrating in the Hawks Rise way with some super fun dress up days:
     *   Monday, wear your HRES gear as we have guest readings from astronauts.
     *   For time travel Tuesday, dress from the past, present, or future.
     *   Dress in space themes for out of this world Wednesday.
     *   Thursday, wear all black as we dive into deep space.
     *   And wear your pajamas on Friday as we sleep under the stars.
  2.  The FIRST annual Hawks Rise Spirit Sprint is launching February 18.  Get ready for fun fundraising culminating with a run and all the excitement on February 25.  More information is attached.

Dates to Remember

January 24 - Wear HRES gear

January 25 - Wear past, present, or future wear

January 26 - Wear space gear

January 27 - Wear ALL black

January 28 - Wear pajamas

January 28 - the 100th day of school

January 31 - Book Fair Opens

February 18 - Hawks Rise Silent Auction

February 18 - Hawks Rise Spirit Sprint Kickoff

February 25 - Hawks Rise Spirit Sprint

Standardized Testing Dates.  This year's FSA testing is on LCS determined dates.

Grade 3 ELA Reading                      April 5-6

Grades 4-5 ELA Writing                  April 7

Grades 4-5 ELA Reading                 May 3-4

Grades 3-5 Math                             May 10-11

Grade 5 Science                              May 17-18

Thank you for sharing your student with us!
Beth