Chaires Family

Hope every had a great weekend.  We are seeing a rise in the COVID positive cases at Chaires.  We are still below the average for Leon County.  We are doing are best to keep our students safe.  Below are a couple of items you might to interested in.

The Trent 10K, 5k and 1-Mile Fun Run, January 29, 2022

Roberts Elementary School is proud to host the 12th annual Trent 10K, formerly the Trent Trot in honor of Trent McElroy, a Roberts 4th grader who lost his battle to childhood cancer in 2013. All proceeds from the race go to the Trent’s Touch Foundation which supports local families battling pediatric cancer. The foundation has supported 50+ families so far and receiving applications monthly if not more frequent.

This race is a longtime community favorite and is being held at Roberts Elementary School on January 29th, 2022. The 1-mile Fun Run starts at 8:00 am and the 10K and 5K begin at 8:30 am. The 10K is a Gulf Winds Grand Prix event.

You can register online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-trent-10k-5k-1m-2022-registration-195542140807?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

Support this race and help a local child leave cancer in the dust!

The season for School Choice is open, and we are busy preparing for new, prospective students to come visit our Applied Science & Technology Magnet Program to see what we’re all about. To help students and their families get acquainted with Cobb, our Magnet Program, and our community, we will be holding several Discovery Events throughout January and February:

Hands-On Science and Curriculum Night (January 18)

Magnet Family Trivia Night (February 10)

School Shadowing Days (January 25-27 and February 1-3)

You may remember how valuable and reassuring it was to chat with families who have traveled this journey a year or two before you, and now it is your turn to pay it forward. One of our Magnet Program’s biggest strengths is the involvement and engagement of our families; thank you for your ongoing support. We look forward to seeing you this month and in February.

Mike Holmes

Principal

Chaires Elementary

“Where our Community Begins”