Parents, Guardians, Teachers, and Staff  -

Happy Friday!!!  Today was TONS of fun with so much color and activity:  Thank you PTO for our First Friday Treats!  And Thank you to the following sponsors for the fabulous NEST shirts: Chase Construction Contracting, Killearn Lakes Taekwondo, Mark Webb of Merrill: A Bank of America Company, The Nova Group Realty, and Tom Paterson Insurance.

Our entire student body, faculty and staff are placed into one of five nests. Throughout the year, special activities will be planned to build community within and among the members of the different nests. We look forward to our students, faculty and staff building positive relationships with lots of others who they might not have met before. We are excited about a true community of learners who are encouraging and supportive of one another. Your child received a colored shirt indicating their nest color. The nest names are taken from other languages and mean hawk.
Following are the nest names and colors:  Halcon - red; Baaz - yellow; Ying - purple; Mae - green; Bauka - blue.

In addition to our Nest fun, we had the 4-H Tropicana Speech this morning with our 4th and 5th grade students.  Congratulations to all of our students.  The speeches today were excellent.  A special congrats to our winners:
First place winner: Emma Claire T. with her speech "What Teachers Do Outside of School"
Second place winner: Jacob H. with his speech "Saba - The Eighth Wonder of the World"
Third place winner: Ritthanyaa C. with her speech "Why People Should Have Pets"
[Blaze Pizza - Fast-Fire'd Pizzas - Order Online | Blaze Pizza]
PTO has set up a Share Day with Blaze Pizza on Wednesday, December 8th from 11am-10pm at the Village Square location. The flyer is attached.  Be sure to mention Hawks Rise when ordering in store or online (enter code 1270A) and Hawks Rise PTO will receive 20% of the sales!

There will NOT be a SAC and PTO meeting this month.

Helping Hands is a program we have at school to provide  clothing and a small stocking stuffer to our very own HRES families who could use a helping hand.  If you have signed up to bring an item, the item is due by Wednesday, December 8.  Please send it unwrapped and with the hand attached.

Lunch room manners.  School lunch is my favorite time of day.  I love the smiles and conversations I get to have with students.  We are working this month on lunchroom manners.  We want our students to sit nicely in their spot and quietly talk with students nearby.  Please help support this and discuss meal manners with your child(ren).

[cid:image005.png@01D7E85E.2EDD1690]Principal's book club.  For November, 244 students read Charlotte's Web.  I was blown away!!!  For December, we are reading Sarah, Plain and Tall.  It is an older book, but short and with a sweet story.  1st - 5th grade students who read and take the AR test on or before December 14 will be invited to the December Principal's Book Talk on 12/15.  Kindergarten students who read it with their families should draw a picture of their favorite scene and have a parent or guardian sign the picture.  We have some special activities planned.  I am super excited.

Drop off & Pick Up.  Please do not drop kids off in the parking lot in the morning.  It is not safe.  Please either drop students in the car line, or park and walk your student across the cross walk.  In the afternoon, students will not be able to cross the crosswalk without an adult.  Please park and walk to the sidewalk in front of the school.

We are starting to schedule field trips again!  We have two this  upcoming week! If you are interested in attending a field trip with your child at any point during this year, please go ahead and complete the volunteer application.  The volunteer application can be found here: https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fvolunteers.leonschools.net%2f&c=E,1,QgmRvE_ck3Fd1w6LMqekqV8gD9QwAcYWjpw1CFLfre1NxwV5hBPn1Mm4r455ied0-D2kHcfrChNTo1AAEFQBhopLug8GwZ0oWAKVbak3H28HPf89&typo=1<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fvolunteers.leonschools.net%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7Cbbb5cf018ddf4e0a9f2708d9a9faafa1%7C69292adba72a4537aa24d67a6f5642bc%7C0%7C0%7C637727716462085381%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=gqFtn3K624yxl67tylTOXPWkBQERJWnN4%2FxTnajAEVs%3D&reserved=0>

Dates to Remember

December 3 - First Friday Treats - Thank you PTO

December 3 - Nest Reveal - Thank you Golden Hawks Sponsors!

December 3 - School 4-H/ Tropicana Speech Contest (4th and 5th grades) - Thank you 4th & 5th grade teachers and parents

December 7 & 8 - 4th grade Field Trip to Wakulla Springs

December 9 - 5th grade field trip

December 14 - Picture Retakes

December 15 - Principal's book talk on Sarah, Plain and Tall

December 17 - End of the Second Nine weeks

December 20 - January 3 - Winter Holidays - no school

January 4 - Teacher Planning Day - no school

January 5 - Students Return

January 17 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday - no school

Standardized Testing Dates.  This year's FSA testing is on LCS determined dates.

Grade 3 ELA Reading                      April 5-6

Grades 4-5 ELA Writing                  April 7

Grades 4-5 ELA Reading                 May 3-4

Grades 3-5 Math                             May 10-11

Grade 5 Science                              May 17-18

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Beth