Parents, Guardians, Teachers, and Staff  -

Happy Wednesday!
[Blaze Pizza - Fast-Fire'd Pizzas - Order Online | Blaze Pizza]Don't forget the Share Day with Blaze Pizza TODAY from 11am-10pm at the Village Square location. The flyer is attached.  Be sure to mention Hawks Rise when ordering in store or online (enter code 1270A) and Hawks Rise PTO will receive 20% of the sales!

There will NOT be a SAC and PTO meeting this month.

Lunch room manners.  School lunch is my favorite time of day.  I love the smiles and conversations I get to have with students.  We are working this month on lunchroom manners.  We want our students to sit nicely in their spot and quietly talk with students nearby.  Please help support this and discuss meal manners with your child(ren).

[cid:image005.png@01D7EC1D.A766D520]Principal's book club.  For November, 244 students read Charlotte's Web.  I was blown away!!!  For December, we are reading Sarah, Plain and Tall.  It is an older book, but short and with a sweet story.  1st - 5th grade students who read and take the AR test on or before December 14 will be invited to the December Principal's Book Talk on 12/15.  Kindergarten students who read it with their families should draw a picture of their favorite scene and have a parent or guardian sign the picture.  We have some special activities planned.  I am super excited.

Pizza and Pies AR Class Challenge.  1st - 5th grade students were challenged by Mrs. Van Hise to have EVERYONE in their class meet their AR points and comprehension goal by December 13th. Classes that accomplished this challenge will get to have a pizza lunch and some will have an opportunity to pie Mrs. Jackson, Ms. Austin, and Mrs. Van Hise in the face on December 16th.  Kindergarten classes were also given the challenge of every student in the class completing and turning in their book log. Classes that meet this goal with get to have a read aloud and sweet treat with Mrs. Jackson.   We have enjoyed seeing students cheering on their classmates as they work their way towards meeting their goals. There is still time for students to reach their goals, be sure to pick up a good book or two for the weekend.

Dates to Remember

TODAY - Blaze Pizza Share Day

December 9 - 5th grade field trip

DRESS UP days December 13 - 17 ***See below

December 14 - Picture Retakes

December 15 - Principal's book talk on Sarah, Plain and Tall

December 16 - Reading Coach Challenge: Pizza PIE party

December 17 - End of the Second Nine weeks

December 20 - January 3 - Winter Holidays - no school

January 4 - Teacher Planning Day - no school

January 5 - Students Return

January 17 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday - no school

Standardized Testing Dates.  This year's FSA testing is on LCS determined dates.

Grade 3 ELA Reading                      April 5-6

Grades 4-5 ELA Writing                  April 7

Grades 4-5 ELA Reading                 May 3-4

Grades 3-5 Math                             May 10-11

Grade 5 Science                              May 17-18

Thank you for sharing your student with us!
Beth

[cid:image007.png@01D6CA56.1ACDC720]