Parents, Guardians, Teachers, and Staff  –

Happy Wednesday!!!  Progress Reports have been published to the parent portal.

join pto

There will be a SAC and PTO meeting on Thursday, November 18.  SAC will take place at 6 pm on Zoom.  The PTO, Parent Teacher Organization, meeting will take place at 7 pm in the media center.

Helping Hands is a program we have at school to provide  clothing and a small stocking stuffer to our very own HRES families who could use a helping hand.  We still have items available to sign up for.  Here is the link to the online signup:  https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4DA4A82EA3FA7-hawks  Parents will sign up online this year if they want their child to participate.  Participating kids will receive a letter with gift details from their teachers just before Thanksgiving break.

Hardcover Charlotte's Web BookPrincipal’s book club.  This month we are reading Charlotte’s Web.  There will not be chocolate cake…but we have other fun surprises planned.  Because of Thanksgiving break, the November book chat is scheduled for Wednesday, December 1.  1st – 5th grade students must take the AR test on or before November 30 to be included.  Kindergarten students who read it with their families should draw a picture of their favorite scene and have a parent or guardian sign the picture.

Drop off & Pick Up.  Please do not drop kids off in the parking lot in the morning.  It is not safe.  Please either drop students in the car line, or park and walk your student across the cross walk.  In the afternoon, students will not be able to cross the crosswalk without an adult.  Please park and walk to the sidewalk in front of the school.

The volunteer application can be found here: https://volunteers.leonschools.net/   Please schedule with teachers to come onto campus and volunteer.   We need your time on campus to be documented for contact tracing purposes. Please enter campus through the front office and sign in.  No volunteers will be allowed in classrooms or the cafeteria at this point. All adults indoors on campus are required to wear masks at this time.

We are starting to schedule field trips again!  If you are interested in attending a field trip with your child at any point during this year, please go ahead and complete the volunteer application.  The volunteer application can be found here: https://volunteers.leonschools.net/

Standardized Testing Dates.  This year’s FSA testing is on LCS determined dates.

Grade 3 ELA Reading                      April 5-6

Grades 4-5 ELA Writing                  April 7

Grades 4-5 ELA Reading                 May 3-4

Grades 3-5 Math                             May 10-11

Grade 5 Science                              May 17-18

Dates to Remember

November 18 – SAC (Zoom)

November 18 – PTO (media center)

November 18 – Boy Scouts 6:30 pm in the cafeteria

November 22-26 – Thanksgiving holidays – no school

December 1 – Principal’s book talk on Charlotte’s Web – 9:30 am

December 3 – First Friday Treats

December 3 – School 4-H/ Tropicana Speech Contest (4th and 5th grades)

December 15 - Principal’s book talk

December 17 – End of the Second Nine weeks

December 20 – January 3 – Winter Holidays – no school

January 4 – Teacher Planning Day – no school

January 5 – Students Return

January 17 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday – no school

10 Happy thanksgiving clipart ideas | happy thanksgiving, happy  thanksgiving clipart, thanksgiving blessings

As we approach the Thanksgiving break, we are extra thankful for our students and families.  We appreciate you and your support.  Hawks Rise is a wonderful community.  Thank you for sharing your student with us.