Happy Friday, Hawks!

THANK YOU FOR AN AMAZING FIRST WEEK!  Most of all,  I am proud of our students, parents, teachers, and staff and the effort put forth by all of our stakeholders to make this year's school opening wonderful.  Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to work through the challenges that occur with any new school year and to develop plans to help students have a successful school year.  Rest assured everyone at Hawks Rise will continue to work diligently for our students.

Specifically, thank you for:

  *   Patience - Afternoon drop off is still taking longer than we would like.  We are improving each day, but we look forward to continuing to make this process smoother.
  *   Smiles - It has been such a blessing to have our students back on campus and happy.  Thank you for sharing your child with us.

[Austin Tennis Academy | Update Your Contact Information]As a reminder, if your child has a fever or feels ill, please have them remain at home until symptoms subside.  If the need arises for your student, or anyone in your immediate household, to receive a COVID test, please notify the school immediately.  If you are waiting for COVID test results, please stay home.  There is a flyer attached for no cost COVID testing.

Some news for the upcoming week:

  *   Please go to the parent FOCUS Portal and update your contact information.  As we are at the start of a new year, it is always good to check your account and make sure everything is up to date.
  *   In accordance with Section 1003.45, Florida Statutes, the District will observe a moment of silence each school day this year.   This moment of silence will occur immediately following the news at the beginning of the day.  In accordance with the statute, we are not making suggestions  to students as to the nature of any reflection in which a student may engage during the moment of silence.  Families are encouraged to discuss the moment of silence with their child(ren) and to make suggestions as to the best use of this time.
  *   Next week, before school supervision will change.  Students will NOT go directly to class.
     *   Before school supervision still begins at 7:45 (unless the student is enrolled in EDEP before school care).
     *   K/1 students will go to the K/1 playground.  If raining, kindergarten students will go to the music room.  1st grade will go to the art room.
     *   2nd - 5th grade students will be encouraged to go to the track for mileage beginning at 8:05 am.  If they choose not to go to mileage, they will go to the large covered area and sit on a painted spot.  Only students who are eating will remain in the cafeteria.  If raining, 4th and 5th grade students will go to the large covered area.  2nd and 3rd graders will stay in the cafeteria.
  *   There will be a SAC and PTO meeting on September 16.  If you are interested in becoming an active member for the PTO, please email Nicole Trafton at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The following information is attached:
*       Participation opportunities with Boy Scouts of America.
*       The Mask Opt Form.  Please submit this signed form by your email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or to your teacher on Monday.

We hope everyone enjoys the weekend and we look forward to seeing you Monday morning!
Thank you again for a great first week.

[Beth Jackson, principal]