Good afternoon, Yellow Jackets!

We have officially completed the second week of this school year!  I have seen all the hard work that our students, parents, teachers, and staff have put in to the start of this year.  Everyone's efforts have helped our students stay safe, healthy, and started them on a path for social, emotional, and academic growth.  I cannot wait to see everyone's continued efforts and the results of those efforts throughout this school year.

This week, Scott and Wallace made a significant contribution to our backpack food pantry program.  We are thankful for their continued support, as they have now donated over $7,500 to our program over the last four years.  This program allows us to provide food to struggling families during extended breaks and weekends.  If you need support from our program, please contact our main office.

Our students started their beginning of the year progress monitoring assessments this week.  These assessments (iReady, STAR, Lexia) will help teachers determine the best individual instructional models for their students.  It was great seeing classes begin focusing on academics this week and the response from our students.

Now that everyone is settling in to the school year, please remember that afternoon dismissal changes should be used for emergencies only and must be sent to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> before 2:00.  With our large enrollment, it is difficult to maintain daily changes.  In addition, any afternoon pickup must be completed by 2:15.

Thank you for keeping students home that have experienced COVID symptoms this year. We ask for your continued cooperation moving forward.  As we continue to adjust our educational environment to meet student needs, please see reminders below.

-          If a student is tested for COVID, they must remain home until the results are available.  Please do not send your child to school with a pending COVID test.

-          If a student or direct contact of a student tests positive for COVID, please contact the school immediately.  We will conduct contact tracing and explain required quarantine procedures.

-          When our school is notified of a positive COVID case on campus, we will begin contact tracing.  Administration will contact the families of students in close contact (less than six feet for more than 15 minutes) to explain their required quarantine procedures.  We will also send a list serv to our community (Join Listerv at https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2flistserv12.leon.k12.fl.us%2fscripts%2fwa.exe%3fSUBED1%3dCONLEY-PARENTS%26A%3d1&c=E,1,ZVSvJbS2kzVBNHWYQFYFcoq-hknpDJs657wepoefeKCry5zH3BIrCxMPRAyLx72ki8b6evplYjjdz-IS1HDea65Wka5M53oZAZCkiMrCQg,,&typo=1 ), a FOCUS e-mail to the impacted class (See the attachment to update contact information in FOCUS), and a hard copy letter to the impacted class.  Testing and quarantine procedures are only required if you receive a direct phone call from the school or Department of Health.

-          Please see the attached flyer providing specific information on free PCR testing with 24 hour results available to all Leon County Schools students and staff.

Leon County Schools recently announced that open house, which was scheduled for September 2nd, would be virtual.  Our teachers will provide a pre-recorded video by this date, allowing parents to view the video on their schedule.  Our teachers will also begin setting up individual Zoom conferences with families, replacing the traditional open house.

Thank you again for all of your support.  Have a great weekend!