Good afternoon, Yellow Jackets!

What an incredible first day!  Although the start to this year was closer to a traditional start of school, it still presented some unique situations.  We welcomed over 700 students on campus today, and all students made it to their classrooms and had a safe and healthy first day.  I am thankful to all of our students, parents, faculty, and staff for making today a success.  Students met their teachers, made new friends, had fun, and learned a little bit along the way.   We will continue to work through challenges to ensure all students have a successful beginning to the year and we are thankful for everyone’s patience and support.

A few reminders-

-          Parents, please remain in your cars at morning drop-off.  Parents and volunteers are not allowed on campus during the first nine weeks of school (Although the situation is being monitored by the district) and parents  must remain in vehicles during drop off and pick up at this time.

-          It is critical that students arrive to school on time in the morning to avoid missing instructional time.   Traffic patterns will improve in the morning after the first few days of school.  If students arrive after 8:25, they must be dropped off at the front of the school, by the main office, where a staff member will meet them prior to the student attending class.

-          Thank you for your patience during our afternoon dismissal.  Utilizing this new dismissal process will help maintain student safety, but will require an adjustment period.  Please make sure you have your car tag posted as you enter Conley’s parking lot.  If you do not have a car tag, please contact your teacher, who will notify the front office.

-          Please attempt to minimize transportation changes for emergency use only, and all transportation changes must be completed by 2:00 daily through [log in to unmask].  All students should be picked up by 3:15 every afternoon.  Our supervision ends at the conclusion of the teacher work day at 3:20.  If students remain on campus after 3:20, when our dismissal line has subsided, they may be charged a fee to participate in EDEP’s afterschool program.

Thank you again for a great first day of school.  I look forward to working with all of you this year!