Good afternoon, Yellow Jackets!

Today, the Florida Department of Education released individual 2020-2021 FSA test scores.  While we are still reviewing the data, the scores reflect our expectations understanding the educational environment we have experienced over the past 18 months due to COVID.   We will continue to review the data and make individualized decisions to continue to support students.  I am proud of the effort our students, teachers, and staff have exhibited over the past school year, despite the many challenges they faced.  We are asking parents to wait on requesting student data until next week, as Leon County Schools hopes to have student scores posted in FOCUS by early next week.  We will send another list serv when the data upload is complete, to include directions on accessing the scores. Thank you again, in advance, for your patience and understanding.

Earlier this week, FOCUS parent view was opened and homeroom teachers were generated for students.  While posted and available to parents, the homeroom assignments are still being reviewed and modified and will not be finalized until next Thursday.  On Thursday, between 4:00-6:00 pm, FOCUS rosters will be accurate and we will be posting class assignments outside the front office, in preparation of orientation.  Beginning in May, teachers have worked collaboratively with administration to assign students to an appropriate homeroom class.  Parents also had the opportunity to communicate their student’s needs with teachers, in order to create a supportive, balanced  classroom.  While we attempt to honor parent requests for teaching styles, we cannot accommodate specific teacher requests.  All of our teachers and staff are experts in their area and have the best interest of students and their growth academically, socially, and emotionally.  Unfortunately, we are unable to honor specific requests for teachers and we cannot make changes unless there is a compelling reason.

Have a great weekend!