Good afternoon, Yellow Jackets!

It is hard to believe the summer is coming to a close!  In less than two weeks our teachers will be returning to campus to prepare for the upcoming school year and our students will be returning to campus for the first day of school on Wednesday, August 11.  We are excited about the upcoming year and can’t wait to see all of our wonderful Conley students and parents!  We will be sending additional list serv information prior to the start of the school year, but wanted to provide several updates and important dates as they near.

While we recognize some changes may occur before the start of the school year, we wanted to provide several important updates, listed below.

-          EDEP registration for before/after school program will begin soon.  Please see the attached flyer for more information.

-          We will be accepting orders for Conley apparel (T-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, bags, etc) through the first few weeks of school.  Order forms and specific instructions on ordering will be available before the start of school.

-          While our campus is still under construction, it is nearing its completion and we expect the remaining projects to be completed by October.  The remaining construction should have minimal impact on students and their learning environment, but we are excited to see the progress being made!

-          Currently, all Leon County Schools will provide face to face instruction exclusively.  Digital instruction will only be provided through Leon County’s Virtual School.

-          Visitors will be allowed on campus for the upcoming school year and field trips will be permitted.  The specifics of these processes will be clarified prior to August 11.

-          Masks are currently optional for students, but encouraged for any adult on campus who has not been vaccinated.  More information on this practice will be provided closer to the start of school.

-          While schools will not be conducting temperature checks upon student arrival, social distancing, contact tracing, and quarantining procedures will continue during the 2021-2022 school year.  This includes closely monitoring student symptoms and requiring students to stay home with a fever.

-          Conley will be implementing a new automated afternoon dismissal program that will require parent pick-up cars to display their car tags daily.  New car tags will be provided at the beginning of the year.

There are several important dates for the start of the year.  In addition, our website calendar will be updated regularly and we will continue to provide weekly list serv updates during the school year.

-          August 5, 4:00-6:00- Roster Preview- class rosters will be posted on the gates outside of the main office.

-          August 6, 1:00-3:00- Grades 2-5 Orientation- Parents and students are welcome to visit their classroom and teacher for the upcoming school year.

-          August 9, 1:00-3:00- PK-1 Orientation- Parents and students are welcome to visit their classroom and teacher for the upcoming school year.

-          August 11- 1st Day of School for Students

-          August 11, 7:45-8:20- Kindergarten Parent Boo-Hoo Breakfast in the Media Center

-          September 1, 5:30-7:30- K-2 Open House

-          September 2- 5:30-7:30- 3-5 Open House