Happy Friday Hawks!

And happy summer!  I hope you are finding an opportunity to enjoy time with your family.  If you are looking for some enriching summer fun, check out the ideas below:

*       iReady will be available for part of the summer, accessible through your child's Classlink

*       Leon County Public Library Activities https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fcms.leoncountyfl.gov%2fLibrary%2fCalendars%2fsummer-programs&c=E,1,LIesAFXqXYM3Cj9gfmEJDyNfeEQx6NHFC_kxCNtJbbSi85uZr4_di90CjavSeUwjebam2noFFWcHIUkMHHaMalGN409_erpdB7Q7QaEWy0h8gdTYXDGdJVA,&typo=1

o   BINGO and books - does it get any better

*       Scholastic Home Base Activity Center- https://kids.scholastic.com/kids/games/

*       Virtual Field Trip - https://www.usnews.com/education/k12/articles/virtual-field-trips-for-kids-worldwide-wonders

o   No matter what your schedule or resources are this summer, you can explore some amazing places.

*       Reading is Fundamental Summer e-books- https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.rif.org%2fsummer&c=E,1,mvnxh2IxvtS1mtRXMLrfW9vFHTk9MqpbLB2trtCAhbJ5NZK4h6ac0QvBDkpZ6ZBteQRftZQHBZjzCPWeZGtbT371u1lxu-gugAMWGXPrlvg9pezAL_aKwmX8mA,,&typo=1

[Why You Should Always Mail Yourself a Postcard When Traveling | Travel +  Leisure]Additionally, I am asking you all to participate in this year's postcard challenge.  Historically, students have sent postcards to Hawks Rise each summer describing their summer travels.  These postcards were presented on the morning news.  This year, please send a postcard describing a great book you read this summer.  They will be presented on the news in August.  Your child is welcome to use the attached template, or create their own.  I can't wait to read your child's postcards and find out what book they have enjoyed.

Don't forget about Kindergarten and new student registration!  For registration information, please visit  https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.leonschools.net%2fdomain%2f2172&c=E,1,Y_K1_wvdE7gJydaXJgy0dcMSeLQSt9eB4tVyrGWGy-9iSXFAUXK2TVqGo81w382GkZ-_toPUdX7qLL3GchdwY9-wFXO-f9wxl5ch5JdbHkE,&typo=1  We are excited to welcome our new Hawks to campus next year!

For third grade parents:

*       Recently, the Florida Department of Education released 3rd grade English Language Arts (ELA) Florida Standards Assessment (FSA) scores.  The 3rd Grade ELA FSA scores are the only scores that have been released at this time, and the remaining scores are not expected back until late July.

*       Please remember that these scores do not impact student promotion/ retention for the upcoming school year.

*       If you are interested in your 3rd grade student's ELA scores, please visit parent portal through a desktop view, not the Portal Phone Application.  Once logged in,  click on "Test History" under the student's name, then click on the arrow next to "FSA ELA (FSA)" with the most recent 2021 testing date.

*       We are so proud of our third grade teachers and students!  Our teachers and students worked hard despite a year full of challenges and changes. Yay third grade!!!

The Leon Classroom Teachers Association is pleased to announce that they will be sponsoring a select number of Leon County Schools' students to participate in virtual summer programs offered by Florida A & M University's Cooperative Extension Program.  Please see the attached flyer for more information.
The 1st Day School Supplies store is STILL OPEN for orders to buy supplies for the 2021-2022 school year!  You can make your purchase by clicking HERE<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flinkprotect.cudasvc.com%2Furl%3Fa%3Dhttps%253a%252f%252f1stdayschoolsupplies.com%252fkits.php%253fsid%253d23682%26c%3DE%2C1%2C0VXlxsCFRGkX7Yk8XDyGlcMuRmEUHghVKTNWpXOyY9V36QSJNo10lIEDtjvZd14-6KfatNvbJZcge-PVqLb205eClIPuKlFCoG9uH-CJ-AxRDQol_Jy2TA%2C%2C%26typo%3D1&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3512f4cf4a20439d702108d927873ff2%7C69292adba72a4537aa24d67a6f5642bc%7C0%7C0%7C637584284460880068%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=BaabutdVkvekVCgDBFrhLOPNUDHYIgCAF3VmD7wUf9c%3D&reserved=0>!  A portion of each sale comes back to Hawks Rise.  We raised over $500 dollars last year!  The deadline to order is July 1st.
Summer office hours are Monday through Thursday from 7:30 am until 4:00 pm.  The HRES Office will NOT be open the week of July 5.

We are so happy that you share your child with us.  Thank you.

I hope you are having a great summer!

[Beth Jackson, principal]