GMS Families,

I am pleased to announce that Dr. Brian Pollitt has joined our Tiger family as Assistant Principal of Curriculum. Starting July 1, he will officially join the school's leadership team. He will replace Ms. Jennifer Powell, who was recently appointed to be Assistant Principal of Curriculum/IB Coordinator at Fairview Middle School.

Dr. Pollitt is excited to be joining the Griffin Middle School community.  Dr. Pollitt earned his Bachelor of Music degree in Music Education from Westminster College, his Master of Education degree in Educational Leadership as well as his Doctorate of Education degree in Educational Leadership from Florida Gulf Coast University.  Dr. Pollitt has worked as an Assistant Principal for a total of 10 years, in Glades County and Lee County, Florida.  During his time as Assistant Principal, he worked in Title I schools as well as turn-around schools.  Dr. Pollitt successfully turned around the low performing schools; with two of his greatest accomplishments including moving a school from “F” to “C” and another school from “D” to “A”.

Dr. Pollitt recently moved to Tallahassee with his wife and son in May of 2020.  For this past school year, Dr. Pollitt worked with Leon County Schools in the School Improvement Department, pushing into several schools and providing assistance in the areas of data analysis, higher order questioning, standard-aligned instruction, MTSS, and technology.  Dr. Pollitt enjoys being an educational leader and sharing his knowledge and experiences to provide the best opportunities for successful student learning.

Please help me welcome Dr. Brian Pollitt to our wonderful Griffin family.

[cid:image001.png@01D76CF6.B7D2D040]