Good afternoon, Yellow Jackets!

As we complete our second week of Summer, we have some important updates to share.  Recently, the Florida Department of Education released 3rd grade English Language Arts (ELA) Florida Standards Assessment (FSA) scores.  The 3rd Grade ELA FSA scores are the only scores that have been released at this time, and the remaining scores are not expected back until late July.  Please remember that these scores do not impact student promotion/ retention for the upcoming school year.  If you are interested in your 3rd grade student’s ELA scores, please visit parent portal through a desktop view, not the Portal Phone Application.  Once logged in,  click on “Test History” under the student’s name, then click on the arrow next to “FSA ELA (FSA)” with the most recent 2021 testing date.

The Leon Classroom Teachers Association is pleased to announce that they will be sponsoring a select number of Leon County Schools’ students to participate in virtual summer programs offered by Florida A & M University's Cooperative Extension Program.  Please see the attached flyer for more information.

We are extremely proud of one of our Yellow Jackets, Michael Gallon, for is acceptance and participation in Envision’ s National Youth Leadership Forum: Pathways to STEM.  Michael will join outstanding elementary school students from across the state to take part in unique academic and career oriented development experiences in Miami, FL.  We are very proud of you, Michael!

As a reminder our summer office hours are Monday-Thursday, 8:00-4:00.  Our offices will be closed 7/5-7/8.

We want our students to continue their academic progress this summer.  I have listed a number of resources below to help with this process.

-          Lexia and iReady will be available for part of the summer, accessible through Classlink.

-          Principal’s Summer Reading Challenge- Please see attachment

-          Leon County Public Library Activities- https://cms.leoncountyfl.gov/Library/Calendars/summer-programs

-          Scholastic Home Base Activity Center- https://kids.scholastic.com/kids/games/

-          Reading is Fundamental Summer e-books- https://www.rif.org/summer

-          Pizza Hut Camp BOOK IT https://www.bookitprogram.com/book-it-for-parents

-          Chuck E. Cheese Reading Incentive- https://chuckecheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/LSM_Reading_Rewards_Calendar_21.pdf

Don’t forget about Kindergarten and new student registration!  For registration information, please visit https://www.leonschools.net/site/Default.aspx?PageID=2378.  We are excited to welcome our new Yellow Jackets to campus next year!

Have a great day!