Good afternoon Digital Academy Families,

The Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) issued an executive order recently regarding the state assessment program. These assessments, the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA), the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test 2.0 (FCAT 2.0), and the Florida Standards Alternate Assessment (FSAA), are typically administered each spring. Because of the Pandemic, these assessments were waived in Spring 2020. However, the FLDOE has affirmed that the assessment program will be reinstated for Spring 2021.

It is important to note that, at this time, the Florida Department of Education does not allow for the remote administration of the FSA, FCAT 2.0, or FSAA. As a result, all digital academy students must test on the Springwood Elementary campus.

Requirements for testing are as follows:

Grade
FSA Writing
FSA ELA
FSA Math
NGSSS Science
3
Not tested
2 sessions
(80 minutes each)
2 sessions
(80 minutes each)
Not tested
4
1 session (120 minutes)
2 sessions
(80 minutes each)
2 sessions
(80 minutes each)
Not tested
5
1 session (120 minutes)
2 sessions
(80 minutes each)
2 sessions
(80 minutes each)
2 sessions
(80 minutes each)

Please note that we strongly encourage all students to participate in testing. However, we respect each parent’s right to choose what is appropriate for their family. Safety measures will be put into place in all of our testing areas.

Please let us know your intentions by completing the following survey:  https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fforms.office.com%2fPages%2fResponsePage.aspx%3fid%3d2yopaSqnN0WqJNZ6b1ZCvKB4GEQbHKlImd_j5CPZwwlUNzFVUEhSMjlVNk0yWFhRVzZNNFY1QVdITS4u&c=E,1,C-Gdaf3MGDrWAAl-rgLaH9uzpNOgIHO2GMISBpOlHmSuhku-zpAU6Q7ep5nDantPUQ5UeLYQ-U-VZx9pF16XWJ8f5vGA8KmVvhdoeiyji24Jx_Hv&typo=1

The information listed below is the latest that has been received at the school level from our testing office:

The Department of Education has not provided waivers for testing this year. As a result, please note that there may be impacts for student progression and the 3rd grade reading requirement for promotion to 4thgrade has not been waived. At this time, we do not have further information on the impact of testing on schools and individual students. As soon as additional details become available, I will pass them along to you.

I hope this information is helpful to you as you decide what is best for your student. Please know that we will support your family in whatever way is needed. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me via email or phone at (850) 488-6225.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth De Cardenas
Assistant Principal
Springwood Elementary