ORES Families,

I wanted to be sure that  you know that we were in a severe weather stance today starting at 11:35 am with all students safe in their classrooms. We delivered lunches to students so there was no travel around campus. We were in this stance until 1:00 and remained in constant contact with LCS. I am greatly appreciative of the office of Safety and Security for calling to check on us due to our school location in proximity to the path of the storm.
Although our power flashed off and on at one point today; our generator kicked in immediately and instruction and school operations were not interrupted.
Our teachers and staff did a phenomenal job of taking care of our students and ensuring that everyone remained calm.
I apologize for the delay in this communication as our first priority was to take care of our students.

Have a good afternoon and stay safe.