Dear Parents, Teachers, Administrators, and Friends,

I would like to take the opportunity to remind you of this year’s
"Saturday Morning Physics" program at Florida State University, which serves to introduce local students and interested adults to current research topics in the physical sciences.

The next SMP presentation will be held on Saturday, 2 November 2019.  The topic is: Forging Elements in Exploding Stars & in the Lab.  Please encourage your students to attend!

The sessions will be held in
Room 101 (the large lecture hall) in the Richards Building Undergraduate Physics Laboratory on FSU's Campus.  All presentations will begin at 9:30 am and end between 11 am and 11:15 am. There will be a 20-minute intermission with free pastries and juice.

Attached to this email, please find a letter with the full program.  The schedule and a map is also on the web at: http://physics.fsu.edu/saturday-morning-physics

The presenters are professors who actively engage in research at FSU.  Our goal is to educate, entertain, and inspire.  The program is entirely funded by Florida State University, and is offered as a community service at no cost to the participants.  This program has been well received by all ages, and it provides a great opportunity for the public to interact directly with scientists.

The Physics Department will also provide attendance slips for teachers that consider Saturday Morning Physics for extra credit. We will email schools the list of attendees.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have further questions.

Regards,

Kevin Huffenberger

Prof. Kevin Huffenberger
Chair, Saturday Morning Physics Committee
Physics Department
Florida State University
315 Keen Building
Tallahassee, FL 32306 USA