Please see the superintendent’s comments from the press conference:

I want to start today by once again apologizing to our community for the confusion, anxiety and stress that was created by the changing of our bus routes.

Two days ago I was disappointed and hurt, today I am angry. Monday, I made a promise that we would fix this and today we are announcing immediate changes and a plan to get us back on course.

Effective immediately LCS will no longer contract with EduLog to provide bus routing services.  The system failure which occurred the week before the start of school and the chaos it has created for our students, parent and employees is completely unacceptable.

Considering this company serves school districts across the country including Hillsborough and Broward in Florida I should have been told a week ago that the implementation of their program in its current state would result in numerous problems on the first day of school. As a result I have lost all faith and confidence in their ability to help get our routes in order in a timely manner. These problems must be resolved and they must be resolved now.

That being said, as an immediate solution to our current situation beginning next Monday August the 19th we are reinstituting the bus stops we used last year. This immediate action will serve as a starting point as more routes and stops may be added in the future.

By Monday we will have most of our ESE and IB transportation issues resolved. Until then, we have set up a dedicated phone line and email address for our ESE families to use. We have more than 400 bus stops already routed but if you are an ESE family and need information please call 850-487-7818 or email ese [log in to unmask]

To address those parents who have concerns of hazardous walking conditions all stops from last year have been vetted, however, if you feel your student’s journey is still unsafe you can go to the transportation web site and fill out a hazardous walking condition appeal form.

Finally, Manny Joanas has been removed as Transportation Director and Mr. James Cole has been named the interim director.

Chris Petley

Communications Manager

Leon County Schools

850-694-3009 cell