Pineview Family,

At LCS we pride ourselves on listening to our community and involving parents, employees and students in the process. Over the past few years the issue of school start times has been discussed in various conversations. We would like to gather additional feedback on your thoughts about having two start times for Leon County Schools. Please see the notes below setting the possible parameters of moving to two start times. This non-binding survey will be open from Friday, March 8, 2019 through Friday, March 15, 2019 (5:00 pm). Thank you for taking the time to participate and know that this input will help guide our leadership in the future.

·        Below are the present times for most Leon County Schools:

High Schools:
7:30am – 1:50 pm
(SAIL 8:00 am – 2:45 pm)

Middle Schools:
9:30 am – 3:50 pm

Ft. Braden and Woodville K-8
8:30 am – 2:50 pm

Elementary Schools:
8:30 am – 2:50 pm

·        All high schools would start at 8:00 am and end at 2:20 pm. The optional 7th period day will still be in place.

·        Most middle schools would start at 8:00 am and end at 2:20 pm.

·        R. Frank Nims, Fairview, and Griffin Middle Schools would start at 9:00 am and end at 3:20 pm. This modification will allow us to utilize additional funding sources to pay for transportation. This will also allow us to utilize our current fleet of buses, drivers and bus assistants.

·        All K-8 schools (Woodville and Ft. Braden) would start at 9:00 am and end at 3:20 pm. This modification will allow us to utilize additional funding sources to pay for transportation. This will also allow us to utilize our current fleet of buses, drivers and bus assistants

·        All elementary schools would start at 9:00 am and end at 3:20 pm.

·        Pursuant to LCS Policy 1213,  supervision will be provided at every elementary and middle school forty – five (45) minutes before the start of the school day and thirty (30) minutes  after the school day ends.

·        Pursuant to LCS Policy 1213, supervision will be provided at every high school thirty (30) minutes before the start of the school day and thirty (30) minutes after the school day ends.

·        Middle school and high school students will NOT ride the same LCS bus.

·        Many courtesy bus stops will be modified and the distance between bus stops may be increased.

Please follow the link below and complete the one question survey:

Leon County Schools Start Times Survey

signature_825662561