Good Afternoon!

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Marianne Graves and I will be assisting the Cobb Magnet Program this year. I would like to draw your attention to the Magnet Calendar on Cobb’s Website.

As many of you know, we have opened the Magnet Lounge and are busy building a calendar of events. Magnet Lounge opens every day from 8:30 to 9:25am. Many of these events will begin soon after we open the doors at 8:30,so please check the calendar, as we don’t want anyone to miss out on these amazing presentations. We are actively filling “Feature Fridays”, so feel free to contact me with any suggestions.

So far we have had the privilege of hosting Author and NASA Rocket Scientist, Sylvia Acevedo, CEO, Girl Scouts of America (Shout out to Midtown Reader), and Lily Messec of Native Nurseries, presenting on Invasive Plants in Florida. Additionally, we have Destin Perry, a local Chess and Go expert, visiting on various Thursdays throughout the year.

This Friday, the 21st, we are thrilled to have Suzi Goodhope and her Cadaver Dogs, Shiraz and Fletch visiting. Please check the calendar for the link where you can read all about Shiraz. She earned the “Ricky Mitchell” award for the Service Dog of the Year from the Florida Bar Association. She also received an award from the Department of the Interior for locating historic and prehistoric remains/graves. Suzi will present on dog safety, biology used, applications and hopefully time for Q&A. (Yes, the dogs will demonstrate their talents.)

All this to say, CHECK OUT OUR MAGNET CALENDAR! We are planning an amazing year in our Magnet Lounge! I will be posting photos on Cobb Magnet Program’s Instagram and facebook pages throughout the year, so stay tuned! Thank you all! It is a privilege to participate in this program and I look forward to meeting each and every one of you!

Go Cobb Cubs!

Marianne Graves

Cobb Middle School Magnet Program

850.488.3364 x115

Be sure to follow us on Instagram and facebook