From: Hunkiar, John
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2017 8:57 PM
To: Petley, Chris <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: School Open tomorrow Monday, January 23, 2017

District All:

We have assessed the the readiness of our schools following the storms this afternoon and have determined that school will be open tomorrow, Monday, January 23, 2017.

We have been in communication with Mayor Gillum, the City of Tallahassee Electric and Talquin Electric. We thank them for their diligence in continuing to work on restoring power back to our schools as soon as possible.

We understand that many are still without power and we may have intermittent power in a handful of our schools tomorrow morning. Our staff will be prepared to make the best of this situation. Our transportation and food service departments will operate as close to normal as possible.

Absences will be excused for any students with storm related hardships and our schools will use common sense in addresses assignments.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. The safety of our students and school  will always be out number one priority.