Dear Sabal Palm Families,

I am so excited to welcome you back to the start of the 2016-17 school year!  Sabal Palm is well known for the quality and integrity of our teaching faculty and the commitment of our students.  On this eve of our new school year, I want to thank you for the work you do as partners with us.

Throughout the summer, we have strengthened and improved our systems for learning. This work was based on the feedback and guidance from you, our students and our faculty.

To start the year, outlined below is a quick reminder list for our first few days.  In the coming week, we will begin regular updates via listserv, social media and our webpage…and more information on the programs/educational planning designed to enrich the lives of our patriot students.

Thank you again for being there for us!  We will see you in the morning!

Remember, student school day is from 8:30-2:50. We serve breakfast daily until 8:25 and all students have free lunch.  Once again, welcome back to school and TOGETHER WE CAN RAISE THE BAR!

1st Week Quick Glance:

·         To start the day: Students report to the cafeteria.

·         Assistance: Faculty will be out to greet students and help them find their classrooms.

·         Schedules: Please check the front office windows for teacher assignments.

·         Students without teacher assignments: Parents/guardians must register the students in the front office with all their necessary documents to begin school. (physical, shot record, 2 proofs of residence in school zone and birth certificate

·         Students will be working with the classroom teacher to learn procedures and expectations for the entire school year.

·         Paperwork:  Forms will be sent home with each student. Please complete and fill them out by Friday! Student information sheets will also be sent home, please update the contact information and return to school.

·         Transportation: Please make sure that your child or your child’s teacher has their method of transportation.  We will be checking this throughout the first week. Please note, no transportation changes will be made via telephone. They must be done in writing.  All bus riders will receive a tag on their backpack that corresponds with their school bus. DO NOT remove the tag from their backpack. This must stay on the entire school year.

Mrs. Anicia Robinson