Due to the impending weather event, Leon County Schools will be closed tomorrow, Thursday, September 1 and Friday, September 2. In addition, all student activities are cancelled for Thursday, September 1. After school activities for Friday will proceed as planned-if we need to cancel them we will let you know by 1:00 p.m. on Friday.

This decision was made after speaking with multiple weather and emergency management experts. We are told to expect heavy rain beginning Thursday morning with the weather deteriorating even more towards the afternoon and evening hours. The safety of our students is our number one priority, and we feel it is best to cancel school on both Thursday and Friday.

We are currently under a tropical storm warning. Weather forecasters are predicting 7-9 inches of rain. With all this in mind, we reached the conclusion that it was in the best interest of our students, staff, and community to close schools.

Additionally, our schools serve as shelters for the American Red Cross and staging areas for Leon County Public Works. The organizers have asked for time to prepare for those services. Leon County is also under a State of Emergency as issued by the Governor of Florida under Executive Order 16-205.

Weather is subject to change, please stay tuned to your local media for updates.

Oak Ridge Elementary

Home of the Soaring Eagles

Please do not reply to this list. Please direct any responses to your child's teacher.
To unsubscribe from the OES-PARENTS List click here:

http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=oes-parents&A=1