Parents and Guardians:

Important Reminders

· School orientation takes place the week of August 8th. Dates and times vary. Contact individual schools for details.

· The first day of school is Monday, August 15th.

· All incoming kindergartners and students new to Leon County Schools should register at their respective schools as soon as possible. Please help spread the word in our community.

· Students may not start school without the proper immunizations. Please visit www.leonschools.net/immunization for more information.

· Please visit www.leonschools.net/bus before the start of school to find bus routes, pickup locations, and times.

· You can prepay for school meals by visiting www.leonschools.net/meals.

· All students entering 6th grade and 9th grade must provide proof of residency prior to the start of school. Please contact your child’s school for further details.

· Be sure to sign up for important messages from your school by visiting the school
website and clicking the listserv icon at the top of the page.

· Please notify your school office if your emergency contact information has changed.

We are looking forward to a great 2016-2017 school year.

Jackie Pons

Superintendent of Leon County Schools