Leon County Schools Takes Over Kleman

http://www.leonschools.net/cms/lib7/FL01903265/Centricity/domain/4/email_assets/Kleman_01.jpg

Mark your calendar for Saturday, May 7, so that you do not miss three exciting festivities.

  • First Annual LCS Arts & Music Fest
  • #LCSReads500
  • LCS Elementary Science Expo

First Annual LCS Arts & Music Fest

The 1st Annual LCS Arts & Music Festival will take place from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Dance, drama, and music programs throughout the district will feature student performances in one of three locations: Kleman Green Space, Meisburg Amphitheater, and the Brogan Museum Courtyard.

Festival attendees can also visit the LCS Art Gallery in the Mary Brogan Museum to view murals, 3D art, portraits, and other art pieces produced by our creative students. The gallery will be open all day.

Local arts organizations will set up booths in Kleman Plaza to share information and resources for students and their families. Be sure to stop by.

#LCSReads500

At 10:00 a.m. on Saturday morning, students and parents will meet in the Kleman Green Space for #LCSreads500 to attempt to set an American record!

Please register today at www.lcsreads.eventbrite.com. Our goal is to set the record for having the most parents reading to their children at the same place at the same time. Each family will receive a free book.

We will also announce the total number of books read by LCS students during the 2015-2016 school year as part of our Million Book Challenge. Come by to hear if we met our goal!

LCS Elementary Science Expo

Student projects and activities will be on display in the Challenger Learning Center from 9:00 a.m. until noon on Saturday. The expo is a unique opportunity to witness the very best of our students’ work in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.

Three food trucks will be on site:

  • Donaven's Road Cookin'
  • Lofty Pursuits
  • Big Easy Snowballs.

Come out and support our students and teachers!

http://www.leonschools.net/cms/lib7/FL01903265/Centricity/domain/4/email_assets/ps.jpg

http://www.leonschools.net/cms/lib7/FL01903265/Centricity/domain/4/email_assets/map.jpg

http://www.leonschools.net/cms/lib7/FL01903265/Centricity/domain/4/email_assets/pv.jpg

http://www.leonschools.net/cms/lib7/FL01903265/Centricity/domain/4/email_assets/amf.jpg

http://www.leonschools.net/cms/lib7/FL01903265/Centricity/domain/4/email_assets/amr.jpg

http://www.leonschools.net/cms/lib7/FL01903265/Centricity/domain/4/email_assets/agf.jpg

http://www.leonschools.net/cms/lib7/FL01903265/Centricity/domain/4/email_assets/Kleman_02.jpg

http://www.leonschools.net/cms/lib7/FL01903265/Centricity/domain/4/email_assets/LCS_Logo.png

BUILDING THE FUTURE TOGETHER

2757 West Pensacola Street   •   Tallahassee, Florida 32304-2998   •   Phone (850) 487-7110   •   Fax (850) 414-5194 www.leonschools.net   •   www.facebook.com/leonschools   •   www.instagram.com/leoncountyschools

“The Leon County School District does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, transgender status, gender nonconforming, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, color, pregnancy, disability, or genetic information.”