Hello all and Happy Monday! J

We have made it through our first week of FSA testing! Still a few more to go!

v  We are so excited to welcome our new magnet students for the 2015-2016 school year!  J  Incoming 6th grade Cubs & Parents, please join us for a Magnet Orientation meeting on Thursday May 7th from 6-7pm in our gym.  You will receive information about summer reading, summer magnet project, summer camps, upcoming events as well as ways to have a smooth transition to middle school.  We look forward to seeing you then.

v  Current magnet students & parents:  Report cards have come home and if your child earned a C or lower in a core academic class or had poor behavior or attendance they have received a probation letter.  Please remind them to meet with teachers and use resources as needed to restore academic status.

v  Even though course request forms have been completed, recommendations for 7th grade math and science are not set in stone.  Math prognosis testing is a key tool for us to use in making the best decision for your student.  We will be taking our prognosis tests after FSA testing either late April or early May and based on those results recommendations may change.  We will certainly be in contact with you about any possible changes.

Thank you so much and have a wonderful week! J

This is an automatic listserv email, please do not click reply… if you would like to contact me,  please do so at [log in to unmask] or 850-488-3364.

Respectfully,

Page Curry

Elizabeth Cobb Middle School

6th Grade Math Teacher
Magnet Coordinator

Pre-Algebra Math Squad Sponsor

CHESS Club Sponsor

YoYo Club Sponsor

Phone:  850-488-3364

Email:  [log in to unmask]

WebPage:  www.cobb.leon.k12.fl.us/curryp/default.aspx

"I touch the future, I teach."  Christa McAuliffe

cid:e2bd70a6-37d4-41bf-8ccb-c8246f08d36c