From: Nimmons, William
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2014 7:48 AM
To: Principals
Cc: techcon; Youngblood, Peggy; Pridgeon, Randy; Owens, Beverly; Hanna, Rocky; Crowe, Scotty
Subject: Parent Portal Info for your List Serve

Good Morning,

Please send the following message below to your List Serve.

Disregard the message I sent to you yesterday at around 5:30pm (Subject: HOT!! Message for Your List Serve – Parent Portal is Down) if you haven’t already sent it to your List Serve.

Thanks!
Bill

Leon County Schools was recently a target of a cyber-attack on our Parent Portal.  The attack involved a Denial of Service attack (DDos) which was destined to prevent access to the Parent Portal.  Our vendor has made a temporary change to begin addressing the problem and the Parent Portal is now available.  However, until a more permanent fix is put in place (scheduled to be completed no longer than next Friday, 12/14), it is possible we may experience the problem again.

With our new District website (www.leonschools.net) we are able to notify you of major outages (see example below).  We will keep you informed of major changes through the use of the District webpage and the List Serve for your school.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks!
Bill Nimmons
Leon County Schools