If you dust your memories just a bit, you might remember that this is a very busy time for the Magnet Program.  We are busy working on Showcases, Open House, and answering LOTS of questions!  If you would like to help, here are some things to consider:

*       Open House-January 30 and February 13; 6-8 PM.  Feel free to come and roll up your sleeves.
*       Shadow Days are just around the corner too.  PTO is always very gracious in making donations to the "goodie bags" for the rising fifth graders.  Please contact Ms. Mosley if you think that you might like to help greet the fifth grades and their parents at the reception table.
*       If you would like to distribute flyers at your favorite restaurant, business, church, etc., please stop by guidance to pick up a flyer or two.
*       Maybe you have other fun ideas to share.

NEXT-- BIG FUN!  PRE-VALENTINE DAY ACTIVITIES!  <3

*       Mother/Son breakfast.  February 6; 8-9:30 AM.  Moms, bring your sons to school, socialize and mingle with other moms and staff.  Our young men may reserve a spot by signing up in Mrs. Haley's room.

*       Father/Daughter Dance.  February 6; 6-8 PM.  Dads may enjoy the opportunity to spend quality time with their daughters at this semi-formal occasion.  We promise not to make you dance for two full hours and will have fun ice breaker activities along with a photo-op for this memorable night!  Attire is dressy-casual.  Ticket sales will be Monday-Friday.  Our young ladies may purchase a ticket in Mrs. Haley's room for the cost of $2.00.

FYI--

Due to FCAT testing, LCS will not hold the Take Your Child to Work Day on the national date of April 24th.  Instead, Leon County Schools will hold the event on May 8, 2014.  This may still interfere with a few middle school students whose EOC exam falls on May 8.  Our participation form will reflect the necessary changes.

No clip art in this newsletter as many cloud users are not able to receive and are left with the impression that information is missing. (Sad face with tear drop.)

FINALLY FRIDAY! ENJOY FAMILY TIME WITH A BONFIRE!