Magnet Parents,

Here are a few fun things to add to your calendar:

[X]

Sixth grade field trip to SeaWorld-

[X]
We are very excited to invite your child to attend Cobb's Sixth Grade Magnet overnight field trip to SeaWorld of Orlando! This is an event that they will cherish for years to come. It is very educational and tons of fun!  Students should begin to bring home next week and you will find a payment schedule included in the attached permission form

Seventh grade field trip has reopened!

Seventh grade magnet students are invited to go on the trip of a lifetime to SPACE CAMP in Huntsville, Alabama!  This is an exciting opportunity to train for space flight just like real astronauts do.  Students will participate in activities to simulate G-Force, zero gravity, and initial space launch.  We will also take a special trip to the Eastdale Mall in Montgomery, Alabama on our way home to go ice skating (on REAL ice!)  You will find more information in the two 'Space camp' attachments.

Other fun things to add to your calendar:

[X]
December 13; 7:00-9:30 PM.  Movie Night for students, Date/Shopping Night for parents.  We hope that you will take this opportunity to enjoy a couple of quality hours during this incredibly busy time of year.  There will be a very nominal fee of $5.00 to cover the cost of refreshments.

[X]
February 6th-for the first time ever, the Magnet Program will host a Mother/Son breakfast that morning and a Father/Daughter dance that evening.  We are still working through the planning stages for these events and you can expect more information later.

October 30th-Report cards go home.

We have been changing to the Cloud and have had some technical difficulties with internet and email has been sketchy for the last few weeks.  It does, however, look like we are on the upswing and electronic communication are beginning to be coming back to life.

Enjoy this wonderful weekend weather with family with a bike ride on St. Marks Trail or a hike at Leon Sinks!

[X]

Please do not reply to this email as it will be sent to the moderator of the listserv.  Any questions that you may have should be sent directly to the specific individual.