Hello Parents, Guardians and Community Members,

On July 26th school grades were released.  I want to take this opportunity to thank the Oak Ridge Elementary School team, parents and community for your support of our educational program.  With the increase in requirements, Oak Ridge's school grade declined to a grade of "D." This decline is due to a number of factors that will be addressed in the School Public Accountability Report (SPAR). We will soon have a copy of this report on our webpage, in our front office and you will also be able to access it via The Florida Department of Education's website.

We have high expectations at Oak Ridge and we will continue to strive for excellence. Our learning gains were encouraging and our third grade students showed the greatest improvement in the district in reading and math! So, there are accomplishments to be proud of, but we will remain committed to making even greater achievements in 2013-14.

I am extremely proud to be principal of Oak Ridge and I look forward to working with you during the 2013-14 school year as we strengthen our educational program!

Sincerely,
Taka Mays

Mrs. Taka Mays

Proud Principal