From: Mosley, Gail
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Welcome to 12/13 school year!

Hello wonderful parents!

How does summer buzz by so quickly?  How do our children grow up so quickly?

Sixth grade parents—we are so excited to have you join the Cobb family!  Seventh and eighth grade parents—welcome back!  By now you must have heard that Cobb Middle School has successfully maintained an ‘A’ status for 12 years running.  WOO HOO!

This year, we are very excited to have Mrs. Tonja Fitzgerald join us as our new principal! However, Cobb is not new to her as she previously taught math here.  Mrs. Fitzgerald came to Cobb from Chiles High School where she held the position of assistant principal. Additionally, she taught math at Leon County Adult and Community Center, and Havana Middle School in Gadsden. She is a graduate of FAMU where she obtained a Bachelors of Science degree in Mathematical Sciences and later earned a Master’s Degree in Mathematics Education and Educational Leadership Certification from Florida State University.

Ms. Giselle Marsh will return to Cobb this year as the assistant principal for curriculum.  Ms. Marsh is originally from Kingston, Jamaica.  She attended FSU where she studied her passion for math and science.  She is certified to teach chemistry and in educational leadership.

Mr. Mike Holmes  is from Little Rock, Arkansas.  He is returning to Cobb as the assistant principal for administration.  Mr. Holmes has served 24 years in the army and holds the rank of Sergeant Major.  His previous experience as an educator includes eight years at Okaloosa-Walton College and five years at Rickard’s High School.  His passion is sports as he holds certification in physical education and in educational leadership.

A few announcements—

The beginning of the school year may be a little scary, especially for sixth graders.  Please help us to make your child feel secure by reminding him/her that ALL staff members on campus are happy to help should they have questions.

We hope that you have had a fun, fruitful, family-filled summer!  (…and that is the end of the F’s—we are plunging forward with A’s!)

Don’t forget—school starts August 20th!

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.  IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT ME DIRECTLY PLEASE SEND EMAIL TO [log in to unmask] .

See you VERY soon!